Make sure that Agent runs with Administrator privileges

ERA 6 agents have the following in their logs:

2015-10-14 09:30:57 Error: CEssConnectorModule [Thread cf0]: Set policy failed: CNodcommChannel: Send request failed with 14, Command failed - Make sure that Agent runs with Administrator privileges.

What is it?

ESET Remote Administrator Server 6.2.200.0
ESET Endpoint Security 6.2.2021.2
ESET Remote Administrator Agent 6.2.190.0

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

First I would check what the log says - does the Agent run with admin rights?

Also, are there any errors or warnings in C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html ?

Is the issue present on all Agents, or just on some of them? What OS do they run on?

Hello,

First I would check what the log says - does the Agent run with admin rights?

Also, are there any errors or warnings in C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html ?

Is the issue present on all Agents, or just on some of them? What OS do they run on?

status.html states that everything is "OK".

The issue is present on every agent I have checked. I have not checked all of them )

Agent's service runs under 'Local system' account by default. No manual settings was made, just installed agent automatically. How can I check its admin rights?

Edited by vadim

Ok, one more try.

Another strange issue with 'administrator privileges'.

I'm installing / upgrading Eset Endpoint Security from ERA Server (client task). Some executions ends successfully, but another ones ends with error. From 'software-install.log':

Error 1921. Service 'ESET Service' (ekrn) could not be stopped. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to stop system services.

Why some agents can stop service and another agents can not?

• ESET Moderators

Wonderfull software, wonderfull support...

Hello, we were discussing the issue with our developers, which takes some additional time.

They said this message means the Agent tried to set a policy to the Endpoint product, which failed (probably due to the Endpoint, not the Agent).

Thus, the issue needs to be investigated from the Endpoint's side, which also supports your latest post that there are some issues with the Endpoint products.

Please contact your local customer case who will further direct you to gather logs from the PCs.

Thank you.

• ESET Moderators

Hello, the previous still applies:

We were discussing the issue with our developers.
They said this message means the Agent tried to set a policy to the Endpoint product, which failed (probably due to the Endpoint, not the Agent).
Thus, the issue needs to be investigated from the Endpoint's side.
Please contact your local customer case who will further direct you to gather logs from the PCs.
Thank you.

• 9 months later...

I am having the same issue. Here is what im trying to do:

Ultimately i want to automate the upgrade of existing agents (and endpoints) once I install and test said upgrades. This is what i have done so far:

1. I have created a dynamic group template to search for a specific ERA Agent.

2. Attached the group to a parent test group which my test client is in.

3. Setup the trigger to run when the client joins the dynamic group.

The command i have running is this:

msiexec /qr /i "hxxp://repository.eset.com/v1/com/eset/apps/business/era/agent/v6/6.4.283.0/Agent_x64.msi"ALLUSERS=1 REBOOT=ReallySuppress P_CONNECTION_CHOSEN=Host P_HOSTNAME=<omited for security> P_PORT=<omited for security>

Please let me know what i can do to resolve this.

Seems a hard way to do it. What I have is a dynamic group for all agents where they are not the latest version, and have a component upgrade task on that group. That way, I don't have to worry about msiexec, whether they are 32-bit or 64-bit, where to put the MSI file, etc.

It just works.

Jim

• 10 months later...
  • Most Valued Members

Hi,

I'm currently encountering this issue and am not sure how to fix this.  The log:

C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs\status.html

shows everything's green. 

Where do I set it such that the agent has administrator access or whatever the recommended setting is?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Staff

Hi ewong, agent is running on windows as Local System user and this can not be changed. Can you be more specific about your issue?

• Most Valued Members
On 6/28/2017 at 4:37 PM, janoo said:

Hi ewong, agent is running on windows as Local System user and this can not be changed. Can you be more specific about your issue?

Thanks for the info on what the agent is running at.  I'm having a bunch of issues that I'm not even sure where to begin to ask.  That said, this item isn't (currently) a priority to solve (unless I'm mistaken).

• ESET Staff

You are welcome, it is mentioned in the documentation (along with other info here: https://help.eset.com/era_admin/65/en-US/index.html?client_tasks_run_command.htm)

If you want to ask more, you can start a new thread or find one that is similar to your question and join the discussion.