ESET Smart Security 9 and remote desktop printing

I have ESET Smart Security 9 installed, but I am unable to print via Remote Desktop to my printer.

This used to work under SS8, but for some apparent reason version 9 has blocked some connections to my printer....

What can be the case here? And most of all, how can this be solved?

• Administrators

Does temporarily disabling firewall help? If so, please use the firewall troubleshooting wizard to view recently blocked communications and to create the appropriate rules.

Does temporarily disabling firewall help? If so, please use the firewall troubleshooting wizard to view recently blocked communications and to create the appropriate rules.

Temp disabling does not work.

I still can print regularly - so non-remote desktop connection.

It has to do with ESET SS9 (in version 8 it did work, and also on another computer with Kaspersky installed)

Edited by kiddingguy

• Administrators

Ok, let's try temporarily disabling real-time protection, protocol filtering in the main setup and HIPS, one at a time. After disabling HIPS, a computer restart will be needed.

I disabled all settings; RDP printing worked.

it turned out that only "Real time protection" is the only indicator in question that prevents from printing.

HIPS worked turned on, as well as real-time firewall protection.

Which setting is responsible for (ports to) RDP printing and how can I changed these in settings?

And what is different in protocol handling or alike compared to v8?

• Administrators

it turned out that only "Real time protection" is the only indicator in question that prevents from printing.

In that case, please reproduce the issue with Process Monitor logging all operations (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb896645.aspx). Before you start the logging, enable Advanced output in the Process Monitor menu. When done, compress the log, upload it to a safe location and pm me the download link.

For some reason I think some protocol change or alike has snuck into v9.

Like I stated, v8 doesn't have this and all went okay.

And with competitive software vendors (KIS, Bitdefender) RDP-printing is also possible.