Eset Smart Security 9 problem with network printer

On 2 pc' s (Windows 10, build 10240 RTM) I installed ESS 9.

When printing a webpage from the Windows Edge browser, print jobs keep pending and won't print.

The same page printing from Internet explorer (installed on the same computer) just works fine.

When I disable the protection from ESS (with the firewall still enabled) print jobs are successful.

So there must be a kind of conflict between the Edge browser and ESS. I tried several advanced settings within ESS, but without any result.

Only with ESS protection disabled print jobs are finished!

I was having the same problem on 2 computers. I reinstalled ESS V8 on one of them again, and the printing problem was gone!

EFSW 6.2 (build 6.2.12007.0) was recently released as well, however it seems that the specific issue reported here was NOT resolved yet. I tested the new build on a Windows 2003 machine (a file server) and confirmed the same bug exists as in earlier 6.x versions: when EFSW 6.2 running on the server (Network Drives Scan: OFF), double click or right click on an MS Office file (for example .doc) takes at least several seconds until anything happens. After removing 6.2 and installing back 4.5 (Network Drives Scan: OFF) - the same operation on the same file takes no time at all!

I'm lost at figuring out why this hasn't been fixed yet, as the issue is easy to spot and can be reproduced at will at any time.

What happens if you turn off Real-Time Protection (temporarily, of course)?

• Administrators

We have a fix for an issue with printing via RDP, hard to say if it would help in this case but you can try. I'll pm you with further instructions.

Hi,

RDP can be "Remote Desktop Printer".

If they have a fix, I guess eventually will be deploy as update module.

Thanks for info !

The update module is like "update of program ?

Image : hxxp://i.imgur.com/jW135Of.png

Edited by Julianinho

We have a fix for an issue with printing via RDP, hard to say if it would help in this case but you can try. I'll pm you with further instructions.

Please PM me also, since after installing ESS 9 I cannot print through my networks printers.

• ESET Staff

Hi @Dark Dragon,

1. Yes.
  2. I think you fall into the "usual" way of think, which I believe is not the best way.
    In my opinion, if you have a valid license, always call/email/form for official support.
    In the meantime if Support is slow or not contact you, you can ask here but again,
    I believe is not the first step of the list.

Always the official support from the ESET partner or Country distributor will be more fast, accurate
    and have more tools. Despite, we have here ESET Staff reading, but official channels proves to
    me be more fast (my country reply within the hour or 24hs).

Anyway, @Marcos or @TomasP, I believe can PM instructions.

Edited by Gonzalo Alvarez

Is this the official supportforum?

Three days, and still no reaction...

Please PM me also, we have to turn off protection to print through our network printer...

Same problem here. Please PM me too, so i can fix it by myself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Please PM me too - same problem with RDP

Unfortunately, it's only possible to downgrade to v8 until the upcoming service build of v9 becomes available.

Marcos, can this RDP problem also be affecting NOD32 Antivirus v9?

I've been having problems with a network printer when printing from Microsoft Edge or from Windows 10 Photo Viewer and yesterday I downgraded to NOD32 Antivirus v8 and printing works great now.

• Administrators

Marcos, can this RDP problem also be affecting NOD32 Antivirus v9?

I've been having problems with a network printer when printing from Microsoft Edge or from Windows 10 Photo Viewer and yesterday I downgraded to NOD32 Antivirus v8 and printing works great now.

Yes, it could. Both EAV and ESS use the same engine and real-time protection binaries. We recommend users with this issue to downgrade to v8 until the upcoming service release of v9 becomes available.