Importing Settings from ESET 8 to 9?

Not possible I am guessing. Should allow any setting still within 8 that's available in 9 to be adjusted while the new features/settings remain at default. Takes too long to set up specific settings for Zone Rules that I had with ESET 8.

• Administrators

If you upgrade v8 to v9, most of the settings should be retained. Exporting the configuration from v8 and importing it to v9 is not possible due to a new configuration system.

If you upgrade v8 to v9, most of the settings should be retained. Exporting the configuration from v8 and importing it to v9 is not possible due to a new configuration system.

For me, settings carried over w/o issue. (overlay 9 over 8). But then again, I don't have a ton of settings.

Edited by TomFace

Thanks for the tip. Was thinking that a new version garnered a fresh install to avoid any possible issues that may arise. Went back to 8 then imported .xml settings then upgraded to 9 from there worked well. Happy camper.