• ESET Moderators

If you can reproduce the issue and see the difference between a state where our product is installed and where it is not, please contact the local customer care as further logs will need to be analyzed.

Thank you.

I wanted to epress my dislikes for the new user interface of smart security version 9. I was always happy how I can drill down into esets settings and resize most things and do what I needed to do in version >=8. The key feature being, I can see pretty much all the options on one screen.

Now the options have me scrolling for ages reading everything until I get to the toggle or option I'm looking for. Also the new bubbly toggle icons and such for everything is a bit much. It feels like I'm on a ipad or something. If that were the end of it, I wouldn't mind, but its not. This user interface makes it generally harder to navigate the options. I don't know if this was a sacrifice you had to make to accommodate touch screen users? but it's a downgrade in a lot of respects far as I can tell for the moderately capable pc user and above, which I feel is the meat of your subscribers, because they are the ones recommending eset and forcefully installing it on all their friends, family, personal machines.

• ESET Moderators

Hello Brown,

The GUI of v9 was redesigned to follow the "Modern" principles found for example in Windows 10, and it also accommodates touch screen input.

On top of that, the GUI backend is new as well, it is more flexible as it is HTML-based, it allows for right-to-left languages, etc.