ESET NOD32 9 and database

feddy

Hi,

there is a problem the gui always indicates the database updated daily 09.10.2015.

It is a bug? 

</a>">hxxp://2015_10_14_13h09_06.jpg

Thanks

Is there an error logged related to update in your ESET Event log ?

no  :unsure: The database is updated correctly as of today, but the version of the installed database indicated is always that of the 09/10

Edited by feddy

• Administrators

If you check the information about installed modules in the About window, does it show an older signature database as well? I assume restarting the computer doesn't make any difference.

I have the same problem.

In my taskbar and in the program, i can see that the virus database is 12383 from 20151009.

But my eset nod32 icon has a red triangle, and in panel i can see the red message :"The virus data base is old, it must be update".

And when i try to update the virus data, it says that i have the latest version...

PS : Sorry for grammar mistakes, i'm french.

• Administrators

We have never been reported an issue if the engine itself didn't update but modules did. We'd need further logs for analysis. Please drop me a pm and propose the best time for a remote session next week.

• Administrators

I have the same problem.

But my eset nod32 icon has a red triangle, and in panel i can see the red message :"The virus data base is old, it must be update".

And when i try to update the virus data, it says that i have the latest version...

Do you have some records related to update in your ESET event log? For instance, are there any errors or notifications that program modules were updated?

No, because when i try to update it, it says that the virus data base has not to be update.

Is there a way to update manually the virus data base with a file ?

Edited by caani

Excuse me but I think it is a bug, at least in the Italian version

I upgraded my OS to Windows 10 and I put the version 9 of ESET nod32 and the problem is still present

Best regards

post-9251-0-21995100-1445452131_thumb.png

post-9251-0-33608500-1445452141_thumb.png

I mean maybe I hurt with my broken English

The database is updated, but in the gui there is  indicates an old database.

I installed nod 32 Italian on another pc and I have the same problem

If you solve the problem ok, otherwise patience keep using version 8

Best regards.

• ESET Moderators

For anyone experiencing this issue, please see this message by Marcos from last week:

We have never been reported an issue if the engine itself didn't update but modules did. We'd need further logs for analysis. Please drop me a pm and propose the best time for a remote session next week.

• 2 weeks later...
I do not have any secrets to hide in my PC, but I do not intend to let anyone in my pc through remote assitance.

The problem of updating the database is still present in version 9 and I found on another PC with the same problem.

If you do not Provide to fix it I say goodbye to ESET nod32

Best regards and for me the matter is closed