• Administrators

Lets say im happy with LiveGrid disabled :)

But I would love to disable the alert. Is there any way around it now or maybe in future V9 updates? I still cant update to latest signature database. Stuck with 12383.

Well, some people prefer having real-time protection disabled as in such state the antivirus has absolutely no effect on performance :) Disabling LiveGrid significantly deteriorates protection capabilities and you become protected against new threats with new updates after several hours instead of being protected virtually instantly without a delay. There will not be any update to this as LiveGrid is almost as essential for protection as real-time protection.

How do you disable the notification message for LiveGrid when its disabled?

Why would you disable LiveGrid and thus lose protection against newly emerging threats? It's an essential feature similar to real-time protection that should remain enabled at all times. Users used to get infected mainly when they had LiveGrid disabled so it's ok to alert the user by changing the protection status in such case.

Thanks for the reply. I dont like programs sniffing around my system live even if its for protecting the system. This alert did not appeared when disabled in V8. Is there anyway around it in V9?

I also have the same issue like OP and tried clearing the cache and it did not help.

Its has been answer that ESET Didnot Sniffing around you, Document and Database are avoided by default, adn the data collected are only hashes instead. Details of this answer is here: https://forum.eset.com/topic/6295-livegrid-and-data-collection-with-v9/

As for me, everything looks fine, the installation are much more easier than before, except that for ssl protocol filtering, it seems to causes some website Connection Time out. Once disable, every website could be access again. will put this on details on a new thread later.

Edited by khairulaizat92

• Administrators

As for me, everything looks fine, the installation are much more easier than before, except that for ssl protocol filtering, it seems to causes some website Connection Time out. Once disable, every website could be access again. will put this on details on a new thread later.

Disabling SSL scanning per se is not a recommended solution as there's quite a lot of malware that is downloaded from https websites and that might be undetected with SSL scanning disabled. It's always better to report problematic websites that don't open as expected so that we can look into it. Also excluding is a specific problematic website from protocol filtering is safer than disabling the whole feature completely.

Where is SSL protocol filtering automatically enabled? In the web scanning preferences?

Eset task bar icon is blurry. Screenshot of Task bar vs original icon resized to the same dimension as taskbar icon, as you can see task bar icon is blurry and the other not:

post-9264-0-51722500-1444934195.jpg

Go to set up>advanced set up (bottom right)>web and e-mail.

Thanks, was disabled here. Probably because I have upgraded from v8 and not installed it fresh.

Again today I noticed some slow down in browsing. When wanting to copy/pase my username on a website there was a huge lag. Took about 7 seconds before I could see what I pasted. Any idea why this is happening? Never happened on v8...

I dont like programs sniffing around my system live even if its for protecting the system.

Calling querying about hashes sniffing is way too strong word for that operation.

Lets say im happy with LiveGrid disabled :)

But I would love to disable the alert. Is there any way around it now or maybe in future V9 updates? I still cant update to latest signature database. Stuck with 12383.

You shouldn't be, you can literally disable the anonymous file submissions in the advanced setup menu. Live grid is insanely important for "Maximum Protection".

• Most Valued Members

Again today I noticed some slow down in browsing. When wanting to copy/pase my username on a website there was a huge lag. Took about 7 seconds before I could see what I pasted. Any idea why this is happening? Never happened on v8...

it could be just the web browser cluttered with the web history, have you tried to clear history, cookies etc etc?

it could be just the web browser cluttered with the web history, have you tried to clear history, cookies etc etc?

I have not tried this but I do this very regularly anyway with ccleaner.

And I have set in browser that temp files do not go above 100MB.

And with v8 just a few days ago I never had this problem.

Every day with v9 I experience some kind of lag, very frustrating.

I will try your suggestion though.

• Administrators

Please create a new topic for particular issues you may run into as this topic is meant for general feedback on v9. One of the new things in v9 is that SSL scanning is enabled by default. Does disabling real-time or web protection from the main gui or protocol filtering in the advanced setup make a difference?

Installed V9 on Windows 10 ver 10565 knowing HIPS would not work however was surprised to see the Firewall would not work at all and Web protection also would not work.  

Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, rebooted, same issue...

Repeat process a several more times.. Sometimes web protection worked, but firewall and everything else under "Network Protection" would not work.  At first V9 would tell me "Personal firewall is not functional"  and that I had to reinstall. Then after a few reinstalls it would say firewall service would not start.  Never did get it working.

Gave up and reinstalled V8 and all is fine again except HIPS which is normal for fast ring builds...  License expires next month and new licenses follow the new key format so this could be a issue for when I buy another 3 pack of Smart Security for my computers.

Please create a new topic for particular issues you may run into as this topic is meant for general feedback on v9. One of the new things in v9 is that SSL scanning is enabled by default. Does disabling real-time or web protection from the main gui or protocol filtering in the advanced setup make a difference?

Hey Marcos, thanks for your feedback.

SSL scanning was not enabled - I already checked that.

I will try and disable some features to see what is causing it. When I know this I will make a new topic.