• ESET Moderators

Hello jamess3973, sometimes the first update takes longer to complete, as it needs to download all the updates from the version you have, to the version currently available.

If it won't work even after some time, please follow the steps from this article: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3189/

• ESET Insiders

in win.10 x64 pro latest build 10565 (fast ring) HIPS is death

:(

PLEASE MAKE UPDATE 

i have install ESS v9 build 9.0.318.20 (12401p-20151013) -RO

• Administrators

It's been said numerous times that Insider preview builds are not supported. In the future, we plan to provide limited support for such builds.

• ESET Insiders

It's been said numerous times that Insider preview builds are not supported. In the future, we plan to provide limited support for such builds.

and what do you suggest ???

Well it loaded OK. Scheduled scan hung up-only scanned 647 items in about 40 minutes. Quit that and rebooted again.

Had to uninstall HitmanPro.Alert 2.5 to play with the banking protection-it's pretty slick. I truest that can be used for things like Amazon? Just have to add the website I guess. Just started a new scan-seems to be going OK.

Nice design on the gui-different, will take some getting used to but it seems to flow well.

Not sure how I feel about HELP being web based. We shall see.

So far seems like a good product-Kudos to the design team :) as well as the entire ESET staff. 

EDIT: Just have to get used to it-some new terms. It will become 2nd nature in a few days.

________________________________________________________________________________

And on top of all this, it's Microsoft Tuesday.

Edited by TomFace

and what do you suggest ???

The recommendation is that you stop using the fast ring until ESET announce on the forum that they have implemented limited support for the HIPS so that it will work for users that are using the fast ring as well. (:

Edited by SweX

Am I correct the online installer is called "SIMPLE" and the offline installer is called "ADVANCED"?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

post-556-0-38792900-1444765692_thumb.jpgpost-556-0-89740800-1444765703_thumb.jpg

Edited by TomFace

I think only advanced is used for the button as an advanced/alternative download option, but the offline installer can still be referred to as the offline installer.

And the "simple download" is only for the button it seems, as the "I already purchased" download link includes the wording "live installer" two times.....

download.eset.com/special/live-installer/us/eset_smart_security_live_installer.exe

hxxp://www.eset.com/us/support/download/home/smart-security/

To get the "offline" installer click on the "advanced download" button on the side on the page above.

To use the "live installer" click on the green "I already purchased" button.

Or one can use the download links in this KB article for the offline (English version) installer.

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2885/

Am I correct the online installer is called "SIMPLE" and the offline installer is called "ADVANCED"?

Okidoki, now I'm off to change out the Beta to the Final on this machine....I hope it goes well. :D

Edited by SweX

Scan Observation.....In-depth Scan-no smart optimization

Normally with V8 my scan took about 1H 5M and scanned about 890,000 to 900,000 items.

Just finished 1st scan V9-it tookk 1H 45M (granted I was using my PC at the time) but the item count went up to 1,850,823.

Is this normal? Any thoughts?

Edited by TomFace

Scan Observation.....In-depth Scan-no smart optimization

Normally with V8 my scan took about 1H 5M and scanned about 890,000 to 900,000 items.

Just finished 1st scan V9-it tookk 1H 45M (granted I was using my PC at the time) but the item count went up to 1,850,823.

Is this normal? Any thoughts?

Halo,

I noticed that too.

I use the German version of Windows 7 (64bit) and EAV 9. In my case I saw that EAV 9 scanned some directories twice!

For example:

• Program files <-> Programme
  • Documents and Settings <-> Dokumente und Einstellungen

First EAV scans "Documents and Settings" and then the same (german linked) direction "Dokumente und Einstellungen" once again.

Please excuse my English.

How do you disable the notification message for LiveGrid when its disabled?

Edited by Seth

Upgraded via Live Installer over v8 to v9. Tried to download Windows updates and couldn't. Ended with an error each time. Restored an image from a couple of days ago with v8 installed and the Windows update process went fine. Anybody else have trouble with Windows update and v9?

Upgraded via Live Installer over v8 to v9. Tried to download Windows updates and couldn't. Ended with an error each time. Restored an image from a couple of days ago with v8 installed and the Windows update process went fine. Anybody else have trouble with Windows update and v9?

No problem here. Just did the windows update.

Maybe you were just unlucky and the windows update service had a temporary problem?

Other question : how to disable the "security alerts". I know I have my mail protection disabled so I want to turn off the alert.

Firewall..........

Later on my Windows firewall was switched back on------will watch it.

Also, unsure if the scan progress display (the "speedometer" display) is accurately protraying scan progress. 

Edited by TomFace

No problem here. Just did the windows update.

Maybe you were just unlucky and the windows update service had a temporary problem?

Other question : how to disable the "security alerts". I know I have my mail protection disabled so I want to turn off the alert.

Thanks Daffie - I downloaded the installer package (95mb) and installed over v8.Windows update is really slow, but it works now. Maybe Windows update site was down or overloaded. Who knows. Just glad it works now. I should have mentioned I'm on Win7 64bit in case anybody else has problems.

Daffie - As to the security alert. Go to "Setup". Bottom right go to "Advanced Setup". Go to "User Interface". Expand "User Interface Elements". Under "Statuses" there is a clickable "edit"  next to application statuses. In there is a bunch of check boxes with the statuses to show. One of them is for e-mail. Uncheck that box and see if it stops the security message. I disabled e-mail protection also, but even though the box was checked to recieve notification if my e-mail protection was disabled, I never received a notification. Apparently you did get the notification.  Good luck, I hope all that made sense.

• Administrators

How do you disable the notification message for LiveGrid when its disabled?

Why would you disable LiveGrid and thus lose protection against newly emerging threats? It's an essential feature similar to real-time protection that should remain enabled at all times. Users used to get infected mainly when they had LiveGrid disabled so it's ok to alert the user by changing the protection status in such case.

Daffie - As to the security alert. Go to "Setup". Bottom right go to "Advanced Setup". Go to "User Interface". Expand "User Interface Elements". Under "Statuses" there is a clickable "edit"  next to application statuses. In there is a bunch of check boxes with the statuses to show. One of them is for e-mail. Uncheck that box and see if it stops the security message. I disabled e-mail protection also, but even though the box was checked to recieve notification if my e-mail protection was disabled, I never received a notification. Apparently you did get the notification.  Good luck, I hope all that made sense.

Yeah, I got it disabled in the settings. But still it is nagging about it.

I noticed there is also a new thread about it with another user who has the same problem.

• ESET Insiders

Can someone else confirm that I read Permamently instead of Permanently ?.....

Yes, you read it correctly. Let's hope that it's not a permament feature.