Install Endpoint using ERA 6

mhimhdi

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

You do not create packages for repository. Packages are present in the repository. You choose which of these packages you want to install and deploy the task.

For further information, please see hxxp://help.eset.com/era_admin/62/en-US/index.html?fs_deployment.htm

To use any computers with ERA you must first deploy the agent. You can do that with GPO, or by running a batch file, or distributing the batch file to users. The agent will then communicate with ERA, and from that point onwards you can control the AV solution on the client using ERA.

I know that I first deploy agent.

I deployed agent on client. Now haw do I install endpoint on client?

Please explain more.

I installed endpoint in ERA5 very easily but ERA 6 is not good.

• ESET Moderators

Each task has a trigger in its settings. You can either set to to ASAP, or to a specific time or link it to an action.

One important question

How can I sure that agent was installed on client ?

Note : When I deployed agent, its taks was finished seccesfully. It means that agent depoloyed correctly?

Yes, You will see clinets with Agent at ERA Web Console - "Computers" -> choose "OU" -> Client name with small Agent icon.

Yes, You will see clinets with Agent at ERA Web Console - "Computers" -> choose "OU" -> Client name with small Agent icon.

Can you show details with picture?

1. share directory with installers. (EX: \\SRV-DATE\ESET\ENDPOINT\eea_nt32_ptb.msi

2. Create new task of installation (custom repository) file://\\SRV-DATE\ESET\ENDPOINT\eea_nt32_ptb.msi