Eset Blocking System updates?

FrostyBryan

HI I have a Hp Envy m7 note book that I bought not to long ago. It was pre installed with windows 10 and I get updates from windows and HP frequently. For some reason Its not installing them. It says in the eset control panel that my system is not up to date. I click there to install the 30 + updates that need to be installed and nothing happens? Also when I check for updates through windows update app it says nothing is avaiable and same for Hp. So I have a feeling Eset is blocking the updates for Windows 10 and My hp Laptop. Everything is up to date with my Eset program though.  Need help ASAP!!

• Administrators

Does temporarily disabling protection and (or) protocol filtering in the advanced setup make a difference? If not, it's likely that ESET has nothing to do with the issue and uninstalling it completely wouldn't make any difference either.

I disabled protection and changed protocol filtering and nothing happened. Same old checking for updates/ no updates found. I want to do a system restore will that nullify my subscription?  Because I bought a 3 year subscription for one computer and once I restore it, it will delete all my files.

I disabled protection and changed protocol filtering and nothing happened. Same old checking for updates/ no updates found. I want to do a system restore will that nullify my subscription?  Because I bought a 3 year subscription for one computer and once I restore it, it will delete all my files.

no Eset's products are the most flexible, they don't have such restrictions on activation / reinstallation, you can do that as much as you want as long as you are using it simultaneously on the allocated number of PCs as per your license.