False Positive on B1 Free Archiver

Hello!

I'm the developer behind B1 Free Archiver.
I've previously contacted you, but there was no response. I've already sent several emails to samples@eset.com, but to no avail.

According to the recent scan by Virustotal, ESET has flagged B1 as a malware. This is a false positive alert. B1 is a clean software. Nothing is installed without the users' prior explicit consent. Would you please re-scan the installer and remove the alert?

Best regards,
Adam Buyer

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

The detection says it is detected as "potentially unsafe". This type of detection is not enabled by default, a user needs to activate it willingly.

Thus, when scanning your file with our product using its default settings, the file is marked as clean.

Regards,

T.

Thank you for the explanation.

I understand your stand, however, while the alert may be displayed only to the ESET users who have enabled this option, this alert is displayed by default on VirusTotal. This may potentially and unreasonably harm the reputation of our software. Is there a possibility to remove or modify this alert so that it wouldn't be displayed on VirusTotal?

• ESET Moderators

Hi, I only described the current status and its meaning.

However, the only way to ask about a change in detection is to contact samples@eset.com

Thank you for your understanding.

I ignored ESET:s PUA warning to downloaded it so I could upload the installer to VT, and ESET is not the only one detecting it.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/9df39331834eca74979dc0521d87e82d5950ef7ecab2c80e4a72a7c7df32d25a/analysis/1445288516/

I will not run the installer to check further - but I noticed some users online said it has Open Candy bundled, is that no longer the case ?