Does ESET still benefit from the gaming-related settings in this link?

Nocturnalizer

Hey :)

I'm currently using ESET NOD32 8.0.319 on Windows 10 x64 and I was just wondering if the information in this link below still applies to this version:

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2229/?viewlocale=en_US

I would normally just enable Gamer Mode, but would the information above still be helpful in eliminating any extra lags when gaming or is it better to avoid it now? I ask because I notice that this information was applicable to V5.

Thanks kindly for any information you can provide!

• Administrators

Basically drags could only be caused by scheduled scans or signature updates. If you don't have any custom scans scheduled, do you experience drags that last for a longer time or just for several seconds? What CPU do you use?

Basically drags could only be caused by scheduled scans or signature updates. If you don't have any custom scans scheduled, do you experience drags that last for a longer time or just for several seconds? What CPU do you use?

Oh, I use a new gaming PC with an i7 4790K processor and 16GB of DDR3 RAM, so it's a very fast system. To be honest, I have noticed that I get occasional lags of a few seconds or so in games with ESET installed, but I've never been sure if that's just the game working the system a little harder. Beyond that, I was more just enquiring if those settings in the link were actually still worth applying to ESET or if just flicking the Gamer Mode on is enough at this point?

Edited by Nocturnalizer

• Administrators

The KB you've pointed out is obsolete and has now been removed. Personally I'd never touch default real-time protection settings. Do you observe lags in games even with Gamer mode activated?

The KB you've pointed out is obsolete and has now been removed. Personally I'd never touch default real-time protection settings. Do you observe lags in games even with Gamer mode activated?

I have observed lags even with the Gamer Mode activated, yes. I'm waiting to perhaps try ESET V9 and see if any such issues exist there. It's hard sometimes to nail it down as to whether it's ESET that's causing the lags or not. I've not had any scheduled scans or updates running, and Gamer Mode is always engaged when gaming.

• ESET Staff

I want to test that...

give me some data..

- how many time you play and lag happenS?

- You're playing in Windows mode or full-screen mode?

- you saw "server not responding" or is a lag of 2-4 seconds?

- mention 1 game you saw this..