downgrade to ERA 5x

I am done with ERA 6.x. it is locking up my servers and computers.  how do I go back to 5x?  I just bough 3 years worth of licences for 6.x, will my product keys work on 5 or do I need to have them converted?

Welcome to the club! We haven't switched from v5 to v6 at all. Just testing releases in test lab. And as I see we won't.

As for reverting to v5...you will have to do everything from scratch. You have option to get old license key file from https://ela.eset.com/portal.

We have 170+ computers - Vista, Win7, Win8.1, 32-bit and 64-bit. All running V6. No lockups.

Could it be a conflict with other software you are using?

For info, we have not installed the WFP hotfix onto any of them.

Jim

• ESET Staff

Hi Icp, you are not forced to use ESET Security products of 6th generation with ERA 6. You can deploy ESET Remote Administrator 6, and manage ESET Endpoint Security 5, and ESET File Security 4.5 from the new console (just install ERA agent next to them). However, those products are not including all of the newest security technologies as in the next generation. If you still insist on downgrading to ERA 5, as stated above, you can get "legacy license credentials" (username / password + legay license file (.lic)) from ESET License Administrator portal.