User interface policy settings for EES / ERA v6

patent

I searched the forums, but i can't find any info regarding my question:

I want to hide the UI for all users on the machine (keep the tray icon and some notifs), so i'm using the "Minimal" Start Mode, but in this mode any user with admin rights is able to see and use the UI. 

I want it to just be available for the "Administrator" user account, is this possible to do via a policy from ERA v6?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Any user with administrator rights can perform changes that are not available for regular users, whether their user account is called Administrator or not.

We do not make differences based on account names, rather we use the UAC platform provided by Windows. Thus, it is expected that a user with administrator rights will be able to overcome the restriction and run the GUI anyway.

Basically the only solution to hide the GUI is to limit or change the windows account permissions, right?

Eset can't do anything to hide itself from user with admin rights? It would be a nifty feature to have...

• ESET Moderators

Even if the tray icon would be hidden completely, they can always go to the installation folder and run the GUI executable with administrator permissions from there.

Well, i guess i'll just have to do with the password policy for the security product.

Another question, is there any way to protect the Agent from uninstall on client machines? They can simply uninstall it from the Control Panel and i don't like this, i already had some problems with some users.

• ESET Moderators

It is currently protected from being stopped via Task Manager, but again, users with administrator permissions can uninstall it just like every other software. (Regular limited users can not do that.)

There are talks about possibly protecting the installation by a password, so it may make its way to one of the future versions.