path exclution - exact syntax

Hi i Need the EXACT syntax for this.

when i want ot exclude a path AND all sub-path AND all files    ->     C:\ESET for example

C:\ESET

C:\ESET\

C:\ESET\*

C:\ESET\*.*

what is correct? The first one seems to be wrong, but i wont test this for hours....

Hi, thx.

how to exclude this 2:

\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy6\System Volume Information\DpmFilterSCStatus

\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy6\pagefile.sys

and we need the Syntax for VolumeShadowCopy* because the number is random

We need this exclusion because our DPM can actual not save hyper-v and DPM create this "\device" for saving the Hyper-V VM.

• ESET Moderators

Hi, in the case the number changes, we recommend to add an exclusion based on the process accessing (such as a back-up tool), rather than the path.

Hi,

this dont work (we try this) ESET still scan this path. I think ist because, DPM starts some windows processes, like vssvc.exe

We also exclude the Windows processes but this also dont work.

We exclude also mmc.exe + vmms.exe + vmwp.exe + the DPM prosess (any other tips for other exclussions?)

Could you exclude: \Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy6\    ? because there is no drive letter

We need some solution or at least some helpfull tips, we need DPM but we also want to upgrade ESET from 4.5 to 6  (with 4.5. this problems doesnt exist!)

The german support is not realy helpfull, actually so i hope you are better :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • ESET Moderators

In this case I suggest Microsoft's Process Explorer or Process Monitor to find out which process exactly accesses the file, so that you can exclude that process then.

Thx, i try it and found some new processes, but no luck with this. The DPM JOB Fails again.

Can i log this with ESET? (ESET scan it, so it should be possible to log this?)