How to migrate previous database to the OVA

I have a customer who did have ERA6 installed on a windows server and now wants to move over to the OVA using VMWARE. What are the steps to migrate over the database over to the OVA so all the data will be intact when he launches the OVA? Is this even supported? 

• ESET Moderators

Hello, the OVA is intended to be deployed as is.

Additionally, the Windows version of ERA server defaultly uses a different database type than the OVA, so they would not be compatible.

Hello, the OVA is intended to be deployed as is.

Additionally, the Windows version of ERA server defaultly uses a different database type than the OVA, so they would not be compatible.

What would be the best way to have computers who already have agents on them that was deployed from the windows server to connect to the OVA. Would I export and re-import the Agent CA authority? This system is also has different ip address and hostname so where would I modify that in the policy?

• Administrators

What would be the best way to have computers who already have agents on them that was deployed from the windows server to connect to the OVA. Would I export and re-import the Agent CA authority? This system is also has different ip address and hostname so where would I modify that in the policy?

Please refer to https://forum.eset.com/topic/6135-how-do-i-migrate-the-same-version-of-eset-remote-administrator-6-from-an-old-server-to-a-new-one/ for instructions.