Eset Smart Security 9

• ESET Insiders

When the final version of ESS 9 will release? earlier anticipated date was 22nd Sep. Any idea? This month or Oct?

• ESET Moderators

Hi SM03,

We do not share release dates in advance, but I can say it will be soon. Stay tuned, we will surely announce it here on the forum as well.

Hi SM03,

We do not share release dates in advance, but I can say it will be soon.

Mmm it seems like SM03 is not satisfied with that answer ^_^ ....https://forum.eset.com/topic/5860-nod32-just-updated-to-v901410/?p=32581

Breaking News: This just in, a secret source at ESET told CNN that ESET is planning to release V9 of their popular security products soon, yes, soon is what they said. Stay tuned for more on this and other breaking news from the world's news leader. You're watching CNN.

Hi SM03,

We do not share release dates in advance, but I can say it will be soon. Stay tuned, we will surely announce it here on the forum as well.

The term "SOON" is ambiguous.

Everything has a release date, from softwares to hardwares.

Is ESET above everyone and everything, that it has exception, or are the people working have no idea when it'll be ready for release?

Hi SM03,

Is ESET above everyone and everything, that it has exception, or are the people working have no idea when it'll be ready for release?

They don't give out exact release date to the public, never have, and most likely never will - for obvious reasons.

"Is ESET above everyone and everything"

Ehhh...You could say yes, because ESET is the developer of the product and you are "only" a user, they of course know a lot of stuff about their products that you will never know, including future release dates, and future product features.

What ESET is saying using one word "soon" could be something like.....

"maybe next week it depends if its ready or not...if its not ready then you would need to wait a while longer because we can't under any circumstances release an unfinished product to our users and put our users and company reputation at risk, in other words, it will be released soon"

"or are the people working have no idea when it'll be ready for release?"

Not sure if you're joking. They have said soon several times on this forum already, take it or leave it.

You are talking about a product that is being developed every day - current status "beta".

Obstacles can popup during development when you least expect it which could result in that the release date is changed again.

Let's say that ESET set Sep 28 as the release day and told the public all about it a few weeks in advance, but the product was not ready to be released today - should they release it anyway (like they promised) or what are you saying ?

It is not about knowing exactly "when it'll be ready for release?" - but release it when its ready.

SweX, on 29 Sept 2015 - 02:32 AM, said:

jamess3973, on 27 Sept 2015 - 4:14 PM, said:

TomasP, on 23 Sept 2015 - 5:00 PM, said:

Hi SM03,

They don't give out exact release date to the public, never have, and most likely never will - for obvious reasons.

"Is ESET above everyone and everything"

Ehhh...You could say yes, because ESET is the developer of the product and you are "only" a user, they of course know a lot of stuff about their products that you will never know, including future release dates, and future product features.

What ESET is saying using one word "soon" could be something like.....

"maybe next week it depends if its ready or not...if its not ready then you would need to wait a while longer because we can't under any circumstances release an unfinished product to our users and put our users and company reputation at risk, in other words, it will be released soon"

"or are the people working have no idea when it'll be ready for release?"

Not sure if you're joking. They have said soon several times on this forum already, take it or leave it.

You are talking about a product that is being developed every day - current status "beta".

Obstacles can popup during development when you least expect it which could result in that the release date is changed again.

Let's say that ESET set Sep 28 as the release day and told the public all about it a few weeks in advance, but the product was not ready to be released today - should they release it anyway (like they promised) or what are you saying ?

It is not about knowing exactly "when it'll be ready for release?" - but release it when its ready.

1. "Is ESET above everyone and everything"

I was talking about companies, who sells products and services, like Apple, Kaspersky, etc by Everyone/Everything and not Me vs. ESET.

2. Let's say that ESET set Sep 28 as the release day and told the public all about it a few weeks in advance, but the product was not ready to be released today - should they release it anyway (like they promised) or what are you saying ?

Well that's the point, everything has release date/due date, everything is a project with a due date. So, when you yourself don't know, when it will be ready to release, you don't have a hold on it.

For example, Windows, Games, Softwares (other than ESET), iPhone :P You get the point. Fix a due date, stick to it.

When you go to a restaurant and order food, and the server says "The food will be ready, when it is. You may choose to leave if that doesn't suit you" I'm sure, you won't feel good. :)

And if they run into a problem, you can always release an update to fix it, as you are using an Anti-virus, you are expected to be connected to the Internet for the updates, if you are not, then you don't probably need one (AV).

It's real simple-ESET chooses to not share the release date.

Whether it's a firm date or not, it's their decision which I respect.

Edited by TomFace

• ESET Moderators

Hi,

Today we released ESET Smart Security 9 and ESET NOD32 Antivirus 9 in Slovak, Czech and German languages.

The rest of the languages (including English) should follow in the coming weeks.

Would you take a steak off the grill before it is done ?

mmm the steak can be Medium well (cuit) or Well done (bien cuit). But all software should be Well done (bien cuit).

Because we don't want any pink in the center/unfinished parts in the software.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature_%28meat%29

Edited by SweX

Would you take a steak off the grill before it is done ?

mmm the steak can be Medium well (cuit) or Well done (bien cuit). But all software should be Well done (bien cuit).

Because we don't want any pink in the center/unfinished parts in the software.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperature_%28meat%29

Now I'm hungry! Swex I know you already had your dinner-mine has yet to come... :P

Edited by TomFace

Some people just like to complain about everything. I won't update until it is cooked to well done.

Some people on the Malwarebytes forum are unreal and sometimes just nasty. Anybody own a Volkswagon ?

Now that is something to really get mad about.

I don't need more problems with the 3 Win 10 machines I run ESS on.

Edited by ken1943

• ESET Insiders

finally, after a quarrelsome discussion we had a more precise release date. A least some productivity & benefits comes out from making this thread.