Easy way to push new license to users?

Guest MrGrinch

Guest MrGrinch

Our old license expired... is there a way to push the new license info from the server to all of the clients without physically being there? I dont even want to update to the newer program yet, just want to get these things activated and getting definitions again.  I have the server updated with the new license but clients are still complaining of expired licenses in ESET Remote Admin Console.

• ESET Staff

Hi MrGrinch,

How long ago did you add the new license file and did you add it to License Manager in ERA? There may be a short delay between the addition of the new license and client workstations recognizing it.

Well it seems I got the licensing issue worked out but I still have a bunch of clients that arent getting all the latest definitions... I guess we had it set up to get updates through LabTec but not trying to do that anymore... trying to set up HTTP mirror server now... I figured out how to get it working but how do I go about pushing out the new server info to every client? just update it in the server policy?

• Administrators

We recommend that clients in a network update from a local mirror to avoid licensing issues and to reduce the amount of data downloaded from ESET's servers.