Hi,

Recently i have updated all computers in my network to latest version of eset. It went quite smooth, but it turned out that i have forgotten to include one feature in installation parameter (Any chance of adding them as checkbox to ERA ?). I have tried to install ESET again (same version) but with features that were previously missing, and all may install jobs failed with the same error on all tested PC -

2015-09-22 15:50:21 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread a8c]: SoftwareInstallation: MsiInstallProduct: Received error with text: Error during writing to file : C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Endpoint Security\Drivers\edevmon\edevmon.cat.  Check, if you have access to this folder.
2015-09-22 15:50:22 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread a8c]: SoftwareInstallation: Installation command exited with (0x643): (0x643), Fatal error during installation

Regards,

Dawid

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Is the error present also when installing the Endpoint product manually on the PC? Can you successfully uninstall the product, or does the issue occur with uninstallation as well?

I can't remove it remotely.

I can remove it manually.

I can do a remote install, after I manually uninstall from pc.

If it helps, i have password protection on Endpoints

Regards,

Dawid

• ESET Moderators

In case there is a specific file mentioned in the error message and there is no access to it, it is usually due to a faulty disk, or a corrupted installation.

It is interesting that it is present on all your computers. Is the number of the computers large? Would it be possible to remove the installation manually and then reinstall?

here you can find some stuff to check:

hxxp://help.eset.com/era_admin/62/en-US/index.html?fs_agent_deploy_troubleshooting.htm

Also, be sure that the uninstall parameter is populate with the required password. Like this: Password=myendpointpassword

The agent have to be present on the client machine. (obviously you already have it)

In case there is a specific file mentioned in the error message and there is no access to it, it is usually due to a faulty disk, or a corrupted installation.

It is interesting that it is present on all your computers. Is the number of the computers large? Would it be possible to remove the installation manually and then reinstall?

I have been able to upgrade from version 6.1.2222.1 to 6.2.2021.2 without any problem ( by directly installing new version over old one). - so everything is setup corectly.

I am able to uninstall manually, and then do a remote install. Bu i can't do a remote uninstall.

Part of trace log from 4 computers.

2015-10-07 10:20:18 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 15f8]: SoftwareInstallation: MsiInstallProduct: Received error with text: Błąd podczas zapisu do pliku: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Endpoint Security\Drivers\edevmon\edevmon.cat.  Sprawdź, czy masz dostęp do tego katalogu.

2015-10-07 10:20:19 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 15f8]: SoftwareInstallation: Installation command exited with (0x643): (0x643), Błąd krytyczny podczas instalacji

2015-10-07 10:20:29 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 2370]: SoftwareInstallation: MsiInstallProduct: Received error with text: Błąd podczas zapisu do pliku: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Endpoint Security\Drivers\edevmon\edevmon.cat.  Sprawdź, czy masz dostęp do tego katalogu.

2015-10-07 10:20:30 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 2370]: SoftwareInstallation: Installation command exited with (0x643): (0x643), Błąd krytyczny podczas instalacji

2015-10-07 10:20:08 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 1f00]: SoftwareInstallation: MsiInstallProduct: Received error with text: Błąd podczas zapisu do pliku: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Endpoint Security\Drivers\epfwwfpr\epfwwfpr.cat.  Sprawdź, czy masz dostęp do tego katalogu.

2015-10-07 10:20:08 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 1f00]: SoftwareInstallation: Installation command exited with (0x643): (0x643), Fatal error during installation

2015-10-07 10:26:30 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 2348]: SoftwareInstallation: MsiInstallProduct: Received error with text: Błąd podczas zapisu do pliku: C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET Endpoint Security\Drivers\edevmon\edevmon.cat.  Sprawdź, czy masz dostęp do tego katalogu.

2015-10-07 10:26:30 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread 2348]: SoftwareInstallation: Installation command exited with (0x643): (0x643), Błąd krytyczny podczas instalacji

Edited by slimfatso

• ESET Moderators

OK, in this case please provide these log files, along with the issue description, to your local support team, who will follow up on the case.

Thanks.