Windows 10 forget folder view setting when ESS is installed

Thanks for the fix; I will try it out on Monday.

I upgraded from Windows 7 and there have been no warnings from OS or ESET to state that the software is not compatible...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQfVYtqVEAA2_Vn.jpg:orig

I also had the same trouble.

My PC I was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

1.ESET(JP) uninstall & reboot

2.Live Install (English) -> Version of ESET also Windows also it was correctly recognized .

3.ESET(EN) uninstall & reboot

4.ESET(JP) reinstall -> Version of ESET is both inaccurate Windows.

5.Activate license , update eset

6.Symptoms did not change

thank you

• Administrators

If you open the About window and see Windows 10 reported as an older version than 10.0, you have an ESET product installed that is not compatible with Windows 10. Please consider upgrading to the latest version available on ESET's website as soon as possible.

• Administrators

I don't know if Japanese version 8.0.319 is available, please contact the Japanese distributor. You'll need it as it's a version fully compatible with Windows 10. Also it's strange that you have the Training item in the main gui menu as it's not available outside the US & Canada. Let's install version 8.0.319 from scratch which should fix both issues.

Just recieved a new update, hope it solves something

Apparently you have an older version 8.0.309 which is not Windows 10-compatible. Update to the latest version 8.0.319 please. With a compatible version, you wouldn't have had this issue.

Also your Windows 10 is reporting an incorrect version - 6.3.9600. However, 6.3 is Windows 8.1. How did you install Windows 10? Did you upgrade from Windows 8.1 or it was a clean install? Please copy and paste the following command to a command prompt window, run it and post the output:

systeminfo | find /i "os version" | find /i /v "bios"

I've updated from 8.1 using Microsoft Windows 10 ISO official program

If I check for updates on ESET it says that there's no updates

The last 1114 solved al my registry issues and the problem is fixed :)

Thank you very much developers

Nome SO:                              Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Versione SO:                          10.0.10240 N/D build 10240
Edited by sas46

• Administrators

Cleaner module 1113 should have solved the issue if you had a Windows 10-compatible version of the ESET product installed. Please post a screen shot of the About window.

I'm using ESET Endpoint Antivirus version 5.0.2214.4, Cleaner module 1113.

It is compatible with Windows 10 according your website:

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3747/

ESET Endpoint Security / ESET Endpoint Antivirus 5.0.2126 and later 5.x builds

Yes, you can upgrade to Windows 10 now 

The problem is still there in this build, and I have also tried Cleaner module 1114 (EDIT: it was a pre-release version 1114).

Please issue a fix for this software, or update your website reflecting that it's NOT IN FACT COMPATIBLE.

Thank you.

post-9078-0-30948200-1443998220_thumb.png

Edited by Pando

I don't know if Japanese version 8.0.319 is available, please contact the Japanese distributor. You'll need it as it's a version fully compatible with Windows 10. Also it's strange that you have the Training item in the main gui menu as it's not available outside the US & Canada. Let's install version 8.0.319 from scratch which should fix both issues.

post-9114-0-28482500-1444016280_thumb.jpg post-9114-0-37199300-1444016281_thumb.jpg

Yes, They also available  :)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CQfVYtqVEAA2_Vn.jpg:orig

I also had the same trouble.

My PC I was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.

2.Live Install (English) -> Version of ESET also Windows also it was correctly recognized .

3.ESET(EN) uninstall & reboot

4.ESET(JP) reinstall -> Version of ESET is both inaccurate Windows.

5.Activate license , update eset

6.Symptoms did not change

thank you

nelniaさんこの方法やってみてね。

設定→詳細設定を表しする→アップデート→設定→テストモードをチェック→OK

そしてもう一回データベースをアップデートしてみて(n*´ω`*n)

アップデートが終わったら、コンピューターを再起動します~♪

post-9114-0-22993000-1444017095_thumb.jpg

Edited by akaneharuka

• Administrators

The latest version of Endpoint v5 is 5.0.2254.1. This one has information about Windows 10 included. The KB article is right that even some of the previous versions of Endpoint v5 are compatible with Windows 10, however, since they didn't include information about Windows 10 compatibility the version of the OS was evaluated incorrectly and the cleaner module performed cleaning as though it was Windows 8 which resulted in an incorrect default value set in the registry.

I've installed the version Endpoint v5 is 5.0.2254.1 and so far the registry entries have not changed back.

I understand the issues with regards to an older piece of software not recognising a newer operating system.

However, it must have recognised that it wasn't installed on Windows 8.1 and shouldn't have defaulted to assuming that all operating systems >= 8.1 are going to be compatible, especially when tinkering with the registry and given that Microsoft are offering Windows 10 as a downloadable update for Windows 7/8/8.1.

Also, why didn't the application upgrade itself to 5.0.2254.1?

• Administrators

Only home versions are updated automatically. Endpoint is supposed to be managed by administrators who decide when to deploy a newer version.

EDIT: I can confirm that EA 5.0.2214.4 picked up the Cleaner module 1114 (the released version, not pre-release) over the weekend and it does fix the problem. The registry keys now stay what they are supposed to be on Windows 10.

Thank you ESET team for fixing this.

post-9078-0-05725100-1444061780_thumb.png

Edited by Pando

Only home versions are updated automatically. Endpoint is supposed to be managed by administrators who decide when to deploy a newer version.

I guess I should have realised that - I administer ESET as well...

Cleaner module 1113 should have solved the issue if you had a Windows 10-compatible version of the ESET product installed. Please post a screen shot of the About window.

hi

should i enable pre-release update in my eset smart security ?

i have the last eset version and built 8.0.319.0

• Most Valued Members

no, just leave normal update enabled and you will receive it soon.

just click "update now" to get the latest definitions, and checkthe about window if you already have it.

We've found out that the issue continues to occur with Cleaner module 1113 if an ESET product not supporting Windows 10 is installed. With the latest version installed, it shouldn't occur. We've made one more fix to prevent the issue from occurring even if an older version of an ESET product is installed. A Cleaner module with this fix (1114) is now available on pre-release update servers.

Is there anybody with a Windows 10 compatible version installed (the latest one available on the web) who is experiencing the issue despite having Cleaner module 1113 installed?

hi

i have 1114 , have i run a system scan after the new component update?

thanks

i have 1114 , have i run a system scan after the new component update?

Yes. After that - reboot system and your icons positions will be restored to correct

EA 5.0.2237.1 has also picked up the Cleaner module 1114 (the released version, not pre-release) yesterday.

And it fixes the problem as well.

The registry keys now stay what they are supposed to be on Windows 10.

Edited by bairog

• Administrators

If Cleaner module 1113 didn't fix the issue, please consider downloading and installing the latest version of the ESET product from www.eset.com which has information about compatibility with Windows 10 included and which was the reason why the fix in Cleaner module 1113 didn't work for you.

• 5 weeks later...

Here the more that I can talk about is how to bypass Windows 10 forgot password in quickest way. Since I forgot my newly set Windows 10 password accidently. I found it is hard for me to bypass the password easily. Then I searhed on Google to get the tool-Windows Password Key. A very nice Windows password recovery tool.

Problem position of desktop icons was solved in the beginning of October (video driver was AMD 15.10 beta), today updated its to 15.11 beta and the problem was back. The registers readily at me all is as it is written here ("%SystemRoot%\system32\windows.storage.dll"). I have ESET Smart Security 9.0.141.0 and Cleaner module 1114. My DxDiag.

• Administrators

Problem position of desktop icons was solved in the beginning of October (video driver was AMD 15.10 beta), today updated its to 15.11 beta and the problem was back. The registers readily at me all is as it is written here ("%SystemRoot%\system32\windows.storage.dll"). I have ESET Smart Security 9.0.141.0 and Cleaner module 1114. My DxDiag.

We haven't updated the Cleaner module for a long time so it's highly unlikely that ESET would suddenly cause this again. If you can reproduce it, please supply me with a Process Monitor log from the time when the issue occurs.