SysLog in v6?

• Administrators

Unlike older versions of ERA, ERA v6 doesn't collect logs from clients but creates reports from the data. I guess this is the reason why logging to syslog is not possible any more.

Unlike older versions of ERA, ERA v6 doesn't collect logs from clients but creates reports from the data. I guess this is the reason why logging to syslog is not possible any more.

Unlike older versions of ERA, ERA v6 is slow and non intuitive. Even in v5 I used syslog as first thing that would alarm me of virus on network.

I'm now using PRTG to monitor my networks, and it supports both SNMP and WMI. It would be great if I could monitor ERA with either of these technologies.

Or syslog....but syslog tends to have too much noise in my view.

Jim

Is it possible to send syslog data from the Remote Administrator Server in v6?  If so, are there directions anywhere on how to configure?

The answer to that question baffles me, as it appears they've eliminated the syslog option in 6.x.  I'm honestly surprised it isn't asked more frequently.  Anyone who has to deal with compliance and requires enterprise-level SIEM knows that lack of being able to send the logs somewhere or ingest them from a readable file creates a bit of a liability and does nothing more than make life more difficult for security professionals.  The only thing I can tell you is that the product isn't designed for enterprise deployment.  ...and if someone from ESET replies to this and says you need to back-rev to 5.x to get syslog support, I'm going to flip my lid.