ESET Server Remote Agent Not Checking Itself In

We are running Version 6.2 of the ERA Remote Administration Server Virtual Appliance.  We had pushed out 6.2 to all endpoint agents, however, some of them experienced high CPU utilzation/locking up and crashing so we have backed down to 6.1 on everything except the ERA Server VA itself.  There is a Microsoft patch that supposedly addresses this issue but we have not run tests on it yet.  

Anyway, the one agent that is 6.2 is the ERA Server itself.  This issue seemed to start after we upgraded the ERA server from 6.1 to 6.2.  The computer object shows up under the the Linux Computers group as it's a VA running Cent OS.   However, it has not "checked in" since September 14th.  When I open details of the object i see the following are installed on it:

ESET Remote Administrator Agent 6.2.200.0

ESET Remote Administrator Server 6.2.200.0

ESET Rogue Detection Sensor 1.0.728.0 (I know this is not the latest and greatest, but we have purposely disabled this service because we don't want it running port scans on our network)

Although this is running the ERA server component as well, I'm not sure why the Agent is not checking in.

I've performed an "Update components" task on it as well as initiating several wake up calls.  There is an "Uninstall" button when I show the list of installed items that I have not attempted to run it on the Agent.

Any ideas?

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

I would start by checking the Agent's trace.log and status.html files.

They are located at C:\ProgramData\ESET\RemoteAdministrator\Agent\EraAgentApplicationData\Logs on Windows or at /var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/Agent/ on Linux.

What do they say?

There only seems to be a Server folder within /var/log/eset/RemoteAdministrator/.  I don't see an Agent folder. Is it possible when i removed all the 6.2 agents from all endpoints it deleted the folder on the ERA VA?  If so, how do I go about reinstalling the agent on this VA?

Resolved: I was able to grab the Linux tar file I had previously generated from Live Installers and install it on the box.  This put 6.1 back on an then I ran the components upgrade task to bring it to 6.2 I am good again.