Upgrade to 6.2.2021.2 Endpoint Antivirus - wrong notification

Hi,

all off our Windows 7 Clients Show a notification after Upgrade to 6.2.2021.2.

Win8 Clients working correct, some Clients with 6.2.2021.1 working also correct.

Please help and fix this.

Error see attachment.

Thx

post-7629-0-70410300-1442294669_thumb.jpg

Edited by HSW

I have the same problem. Completely uninstalling and reinstalling ESS/EAV did not help.

This did also not help: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb217/?locale=en_US&viewlocale=en_US

Until this is fixed you can disable "Report network firewall issues" and "Report virus and spyware protection issues" via an agent policy.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

Please check whether the clients show some error too, or the information is shown just in ERA.

That will help to narrow down the source of the issue (Endpoint or the Agent).

Regards,

T.

I have the same issue:

Windows Security Center indicates that the feature is not installed or is not running properly Security notification Operating system Antivirus 2015 Sep 16 14:17:29 Warning

The antivirus is working on computers.

Also if I want to modify something on the agent (for example to set the proxy server) the computers with windows 7 will freeze :(.

Its only a server shown notification.

I have tested with a client:

old Version: Check local Status all ok -> update -> restart -> shown error in the ESET console

also tested with uninstallation and reinstall -> same Problem

AND all win7 client have this problem.

I have the issue with wrong displaying also on windows 7 and windows 8.1

I observed that the pcs which have the 6.1.44 version of agent or the agent was upgrade with a run command task don't have the warning regarding the not working antivirus.

1. I installed manually the antivirus and after a while I installed the agent from era6 server - this pcs looks ok in webinterface

2. Installed agent from era6 on pcs with eset v4 and this pcs looks good in webinterface. After the upgrade to v6 of antivirus from era6 server in the web interface I received the warning like in first post picture.

2. Installed agent from era6 server and antivirus from era6 server and the warning from first post is present.

I disabled HIPS and the same issue on computers with windows 7. Windows 8.1 and 10 looks good.

I don't know what to say but is a big mess with this antivirus on windows 7.  This will be not good for me as a lot of users are complaining about the computer freeze and in web interface is saying that the antivirus is not running.

I have test with upgrade the old version to the new with Batch and also over the Eset admin consol.

I also test with uninstall and reinstall all the same Problem.

disable HIPS > all ok

EDIT:

Could you say me accectly for what is HIPS? Because we have some Servers with 2012 R2 this have some trouble since the last update of the agent and the FileSecurity.

(Stoppt in Windows Updates or when we try to backup with wbadmin or DPM Tools) after this only a hard reset of the Server is working (shutdown makes a freeze of the System)

In this case we think there is a problem with the vssc.exe from MS. But we dont know accetly. Could here HIPS also be the problem?

Edited by HSW

• ESET Insiders

Hi Bogdan

That your computers are freezing is NOT a bug, but a feature so good that Eset won't tell you about it, even though they know about. It ensures that your users is very unproductive and always angry. Eset even admits the error, but have no plans about fixing it.

The solution is to uninstall the agent, with a stop managing task in era. The clients will still be protected by the endpoint antivirus but not manageble. This gives you time to find another AV provider.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/5935-era-agent-62110-causing-computers-to-freeze/page-1

Hi Bogdan

That your computers are freezing is NOT a bug, but a feature so good that Eset won't tell you about it, even though they know about. It ensures that your users is very unproductive and always angry. Eset even admits the error, but have no plans about fixing it.

The solution is to uninstall the agent, with a stop managing task in era. The clients will still be protected by the endpoint antivirus but not manageble. This gives you time to find another AV provider.

https://forum.eset.com/topic/5935-era-agent-62110-causing-computers-to-freeze/page-1

Thats not realy helpfull what you post, the solution is: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2567/ and it works, no freeze after this.

To the Topic -> The Problem is the new Agent, not the new Version of the Antivirus Client. With old Agent and the new antivir Version the notification not shown!

Edited by HSW

Hi Bogdan

Thats not realy helpfull what you post, the solution is: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb2567/ and it works, no freeze after this.

To the Topic -> The Problem is the new Agent, not the new Version of the Antivirus Client. With old Agent and the new antivir Version the notification not shown!

The issue is resolved with the Microsoft fix - I agree but take in consideration if you have for example 600 pcs around the world and you need to install the eset 6 on all pcs. Is not that good to install manually the microsoft fix on all pcs.

The microsoft fix as I read can't be installed with WSUS on pcs with windows 7. I need to check more.

Edited by Bogdan Husdup

We too are having the same issue where machines are reporting as 'Windows Security Center indicated that the feature is not installed or is not running properly' despite having the agent policy set to only report virus and spyware issues.

We therefore have 3000+ machines showing as yellow and having an issue when they clearly do not and this is not helpful when you need to see the machines that actually have a genuine issue to report.

We are running the latest agent and client.

Is there any update to this?

• 2 weeks later...

300 from 340 Win7 Clients now work correct. (with the old Agent)

I will prove it with the new Version. (Need some more time)