ESET Smart security and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

• Most Valued Members

yes, as long as you dont have MBAM run at the same time as Eset SS.

you can run it whenever you want to perform a scan.

Edited by pavilion_alex

Hello Kasun K-

I have MBAM Prem (PRO) and have used it in real time with ESS for quite some time and have had no issues.

I can't recall if free MBAM has the real time option-if not it's a wonderful on demand scanner.

Just don't have both scan at the same time.  

See this link:

https://forum.eset.com/topic/5737-do-i-need-an-anti-malware-with-nod32/

ESS is NOD32 with additional features.

Edited by TomFace

Hello Kasun K-

I have MBAM Prem (PRO) and have used it in real time with ESS for quite some time and have had no issues.

I can't recall if free MBAM has the real time option-if not it's a wonderful on demand scanner.

Just don't have both scan at the same time.  

See this link:

https://forum.eset.com/topic/5737-do-i-need-an-anti-malware-with-nod32/

ESS is NOD32 with additional features.

I've run ESS in tandem with Malwarebytes (Pro version) as my defense against nonsense since... well, for a very long time now, and never had any problems with either program--or any infections, for that matter. It's a brilliant duo, in my experience.

MBAM doesn't offer a real-time scanner in their free version, however, unless you are still within the 14-day trial period where you get to enjoy the perks of the full (paid) version.

--Tim

I've used the full, real-time scanning version of MBAM along with ESS for years with no problems. MBAM will sometimes block or catch things that get past ESS. In my opinion, they are the best antivirus/anti malware combo there is.

• Administrators

Please submit the content of MBAM's quarantine to ESET as per the instructions at hxxp://support.eset.com/kb141/. It could have been just some registry keys, PUAs or even false positives that were detected as ESET provides excellent protection against threats. Of course, there's nothing like 100% detection and every AV misses more or less threats, including MBAM or ESET.