Smart Security blocks cache-download.real.com. Is this a virus?

star

For the past week, my Eset Smart Security (version 8.0.312.0) has been blocking these two sites even though I did not visit them. They showed up at the bottom right hand side of my screen, "Address has been blocked". Please see the links below:

Initially, this one is blocked:

And now, this is blocked instead:

I also experience the same thing when I tried to do a Windows Update.

I use Windows 7. Ran in-depth scan twice and no virus was detected. I also ran free version of Malwarebyte and again no threat was found.

May I know do the above links pose any threat to my laptop? Are they virus? Why Eset is blocking them?

How could I update my Windows then?

I am also experiencing problem with my Word document. Sporadic scrambled sentences appear after I make changes, save and open the file. I am not entirely certain whether these two issues are interrelated.

Could someone please help me solve these problems?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I use Windows 7

• Most Valued Members

they are detected as PUA=potentialy unwanted applications. something in the installers, probably a toolbar or some advertisements are teh cause of the block.

you can temporarily disable the firewall and install the programs, assuming you download them from the original website

Hi pavilion_alex,

Thank you so much for your advice. I thought I downloaded Realplayer from the original site. But to be on the safer side, I will use the link you gave me instead.

Should I uninstall my Realplayer first before downloading from the link you have given me?

Thank you for your help.

• Most Valued Members

just download it and install it. it will upgrade the current installation

the website is www.real.com

ESS will be triggered in many products that also pack unwanted stuff.