ERA 6.2 - Agent Deployment Tasks Successful but Agent not installed

My tasks are completing successfully but the agent is not being installed.  The deployment type is "Windows Network" and shows "Task Finished Successfully". 

Edited by mstroud_pfi

• Administrators

Did you upgrade agent via an ERA component upgrade task or you performed a clean deployment? Did you deploy Live agent installer via GPO? If there is ra-agent-install.log in the temp folder on a client, please post it here. Also you might want to check this help page for more information on troubleshooting the issue: hxxp://help.eset.com/era_admin/62/en-US/?fs_agent_deploy_troubleshooting.htm.

No ra-agent-install.log existed on client, no errors in trace.log on server (with traceAll) - task status on server was always 'successfull'.

The problem was because proxy data was missing in "ERA -> server settings -> Advanced settings".

I thought that's not needed, since server doesn't need proxy for internet. But clients do.

Everything is ok now.

Marcos,

I tried upgrading using the ERA Component task but it failed so I did a uninstall and reinstall.

I had to re-run the tasks multiple times before all of the agents were installed.  I'll check for the ra-agent-install log next time.

Thx

Hi,

We are having same issue in using ERA 6.2 VA and trying to deploy agent with push method to existing clients with ESET 5.x

Have you got any ideas ?

Do we need to uninstall first old Antivirus version ?

Thks.

• Administrators

We are having same issue in using ERA 6.2 VA and trying to deploy agent with push method to existing clients with ESET 5.x

Have you got any ideas ?

Do we need to uninstall first old Antivirus version ?

The push method requires a bunch of conditions to be fulfilled for deployment to work. Have you tried the other methods using Agent Live installer or creating a MST file as described in hxxp://help.eset.com/era_admin/62/en-US/index.html?server_tasks_agent_deployment.htm ?

As for uninstalling Endpoint v5, it's not necessary. Once agent has been deployed, you will be able to send a software install task to the clients so that agent installs Endpoint v6.

We are having the same issue with agent not installing on clients but interface saying it completed successfully.

I am on the latest version off ERA. All my clients upgraded and AV products upgrade without an issue but.....

I can not add new client at all. I run the agent push from ERA and its say the task was successful.

Go to client machine and its not installed in add\remove programs and log files say it did not install 1603 error.

Downloaded the stand alone installer = failed and rolls back when installing agent.

Thought maybe it was PC I was on. Tried 3 pcs now two windows 7 and one windows 10. The last one I tried was clean install windows 10 nothing on it at all only added to domain same results.

I was able to deploy to new machines without any issues with 6.1 so something changed from 6.1 to 6.2?

Hello,

I a having the same issue here, we have just finished installing the ERA Ver 6.2, and all the client system were discovered by the ERA but when we push the Agent from the ERA server, it says task finished successfully  but on checking the Client system, there is no trace of the Agent on the Client system.

Please what can I do to fix this ?

NB

All the client system still has ESET Endpoint Antivirus Installed on them (Can this be responsible) ?

Do I need to uninstall the Endpoint security ?

• Administrators

Please manually run Agent live installer on the client. If the installation ends with an error, a log will be created in C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Temp\ra-agent-install.log. Please attach it here.

Thanks Marcos,  I will do that tomorrow.

In the meantime .... just a quick one, in an environment with both 64 and 32 bit operating system how does the push installation sort that out ?

Also in using the sccm, is it compulsory to download the Agent installer file from within the ERA server  or can I download the Installer directly from the web when creating a modified version of the ERA Agent Installer file for distribution using SCCM ?

Please manually run Agent live installer on the client. If the installation ends with an error, a log will be created in C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Temp\ra-agent-install.log. Please attach it here.

Hello Marcos,

I have ran the Agent manually on one of the client systems just as you advised and it was successful, no error generated.

So what can be wrong with the Agent push Installation from the Server, which states successfully finished but does not install on the client systems ?

• 2 years later...

I also facing the exactly same issue, the status shows "Task Finished Successfully", but only few are actually installed/upgraded to new version. Please help.

Our ESET server/console version as below:

ESET Remote Administrator (Server), Version 6.5 (6.5.522.0)

ESET Remote Administrator (Web Console), Version 6.5 (6.5.388.0)

EsetAgent.PNG