Virus database updates slow / details virusradar out of date?

I am running ESET Smart Security 6.0.316.1.

Since yesterday the virus database updates are downloaded much slower than they normally would. I do get them but it takes much longer for them to arrive. Sending a ping to update.eset.com shows me time-outs as well.

Also, when I click on the version number of the database to see the details of that certain update I do get the Virusradar page, but it displays older virus database updates. Yesterday this page wasn't even working at all.

Are there any issues going on right on? I'd like to see if it is a problem on my end or somewhere else.

• ESET Insiders

Hello,

I have not noticed any speed issues with updates here on my end, but I can verify your issue going to the Virusradar page. When on the Updates tab in the ESET GUI, I click on the update version number (currently 8592 according to the GUI) and am taken to the Virusradar page, with a version number of 8511 dated July 1st, 2013. It seems that indeed the Virusradar page is not up to date and/or is having issues.

ESET Virus Radar is working properly now.
Virus database updates downloading speed was really slow yesterday but seems ok now.