ERA Program component upgrade faild via Apacheproxy

Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hi dears,

We upgrade our ERA V6.1 to 6.2 and right now we send Remote Administrator Components Upgrade task to clients that have Agent ver6.1.365.0 .

The server apache proxy is upgrraded to 2.4.16.

The clients are offline and the apache proxy setting is set to ERA Agent policy to update it self via proxy.

But right now Agent did not use apache proxy to upgrade , the upgrade task will faild and this line added to log :

2015-09-08 12:42:23 Error: CSystemConnectorModule [Thread b98]: UpgradeInfrastructure: Task failed: GetFile: Host 'repository.eset.com' not found

When I set gateway IP to lan setting (Direct internet) upgrade will work so it means that Agent did not use proxy to download the file:

repository.eset.com/v1//com/eset/apps/business/era/agent/v6/6.2.171.0/Agent_x86.msi

Also we check the apache proxy via IE at the clients and msi file easily downloaded via IE with ApacheProxy set.

is it a bug or something els is wrong ?

• ESET Moderators

Hello kamiran.asia,

Please request the latest configuration of the agent in ERA and check the setting of the agent, whether it is currently set to connect via proxy. Sometimes two policies can conflict and the final merged policy will have a different setting than you intended.

Regards,

T.

We check it again and the proxy setting was set correctly. It seems that agent6.1.365 can not download agent update via apache proxy. Even while proxy setting is set, it try to download the update file for upgrading without using proxy settings.

• ESET Moderators

Hello,

In case you checked the same proxy via a browser and it works there, please submit this issue (with the Agent trace log) to our support team at www.eset.com/me/support who will be of further assistance.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

during the "Components Upgrade task " the proxy server setting is not taken from the agent's settings.

P.R.

Thank yoy dear Peter ,

So in V6 , the network that is using proxy and have not direct internet , They can not use component upgrade task. :wacko:

They must upgarde agent manulally or with orher deploy solutions.

I think it is a bug and why when all compunication is established via proxy setting , Upgarde did not use it !

Are you agree with me or not ?

I think ESET must correct it in next releases.

• Administrators

Also if agent is configured to connect through a proxy server, currently it cannot use NTLM authentication and only basic authentication is supported. Most likely this will be addressed in the next service release.

• Administrators
  • Solution

I think ESET must correct it in next releases.

This was fixed in v6.2. Agent 6.1 will not update through a proxy but if you update it by other means (e.g. install Agent Live installer through GPO), any future updates will work via a Component update task.