Help! Virus signature database update error 0x1106

Missy86

Hi 

I've been having an issue trying to update my antivirus database for a while. I have a login and password but the licence expired before I renewed it and ever since I've been having major problems. I just did an update and watched it update, and it downloaded the package, but when it got to "update 1 of 13" it spazzed out and gave me the error Undocumented serious error (0x1106). Now i googled the error and have down a bunch of things including clearing the cache, making sure it's not downloading via a proxy server, and I even uninstalled and re-installed the software. It's still not working!

I'm running version 8.0.319.0 of Nod32 Antivirus 8. 

Has anyone got any suggestions? A bit miffed that uninstalling and reinstalling didn't solve it.

post-8680-0-25286500-1441408313_thumb.png

Hello Missy86. Sounds like you've done most everything in the following Knowledgebase article:

hxxp://support.eset.com/kb537/

Sorry if I am repeating what you may have done, but have you verified your username and password in advanced setup>update>settings?

Also have you validated your license on the "help and support" page in your ESET product?

post-556-0-62608800-1441467506_thumb.jpg

Edited by TomFace

• Administrators

Continue as follows:

1, download the attached file and extract it

2, run RegisterEsetEtw.reg to import it to the registry

3, restart the computer

4, reproduce the error

5, run UnregisterEsetEtw.reg

6, restart the computer

7, send me the log C:\Windows\System32\LogFiles\WMI\EsetEventLog.etl along with the output from ESET Log Collector (hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3466/).

updater_log_vista+.rar