NOD32 just updated to v9.0.141.0

I just installed NOD32 v9.0.117.0 and after it finished the initial update, it prompted me to restart then I noticed the version is now 9.0.141.0

Any change log?

Can we expect the final version soon?

• Administrators

The final version should be available soon. There's no changelog for 9.0.141 as too many changes have been made under the hood between these two versions.

The final version should be available soon. There's no changelog for 9.0.141 as too many changes have been made under the hood between these two versions.

I sent them my feedback that this is the most stable NOD32 I have ever used! very light and 0 bugs so far after 48 hours! I can see this be a final really!

• ESET Insiders

where can I download the new 9.0.141.0 version? link?

Edited by SM03

• ESET Insiders

You can download ESS v9 beta from hxxp://www.eset.com/int/download/beta-versions/detail/family/278/fileflag/beta/. It will auto update to version 9.0.141.

I already have v 117 installed but since its not updating to the new version so asking for the link. Any idea/news about full and final release date?

• Administrators

I've just tested upgrade and it worked like a charm at the first attempt:

Time;Module;Event;User
9/7/2015 2:40:39 PM;ESET Kernel;The application update to version 9.0.141.0 (20150805) is prepared and will be applied after a computer restart.;

• Most Valued Members

by downloading the beta and letting it upgrade to whatever it will find, it will be the same as the final product?

and what about the license key?

Edited by pavilion_alex

by downloading the beta and letting it upgrade to whatever it will find, it will be the same as the final product?

No, 9.0.141.0 is not the final, the final will probably include more fixes, especially since I am waiting to get one of my reported bugs fixed, besides it may not be possible to deliver fixes for all issues via the PCU channel. I always do a clean install of the final, uninstall beta -> install final build.

But the beta should auto update to the latest beta build which is 9.0.141.0.

• Most Valued Members

what about the license key?

You will be able to enter your license information in the final release

• Most Valued Members

thank you guys, i just thought that the final version was ready and that by downloading the beta it would be equivalent to the final after some updates ;)

• ESET Insiders

I've just tested upgrade and it worked like a charm at the first attempt:

Time;Module;Event;User

9/7/2015 2:40:39 PM;ESET Kernel;The application update to version 9.0.141.0 (20150805) is prepared and will be applied after a computer restart.;

@Marcos ..can we expect a release date sometime in September or it 'd be longer than expected? (Oct/Nov)

• ESET Insiders

V9 will be released soon. We'll keep you updated and announce the availability when it gets gold.

just tell us this month or next month?

• Most Valued Members

does it mater? the forum will get a lot of posts by users who downloaded it, and it will be annouced by the mods

Edited by pavilion_alex

I notice this is still in the beta stages but will it get any RC releases or will it just go straight to final somewhere in October? Wondering if it's stable enough to just install the 9.0.114 version.

Edited by Morisato

Stable yes, but build 9.0.141.0 is NOT the final. And it's always recommended to uninstall whatever beta build one may have installed once the final is out to start over fresh with the final release, and not install the final over the beta. So unless you want to uninstall the beta once the final is out then I would wait a while longer.

It has been stated many times by now that the final will be released in Q4, and lately Q4 have changed to "soon".

To all asking for a release month/week/day. Why don't we let ESET finish develop V9 and let them release it when its ready for prime time so they don't rush it out while there's still a few quirks left to be fixed, as that would only result in that people will complain and say they released an unfinished product.

Yeah I know about all that already. I was merely wondering if there will an RC release before final and if 141 was stable enough to just use daily without much worry even though it's still in the Beta stage that was all. Since you confirmed that it's stable enough, I'll just test drive and use it normally until the final is out. Also, I wasn't asking about release dates whatsoever as Marcos already gave an estimate (https://forum.eset.com/topic/5860-nod32-just-updated-to-v901410/#entry32396). They can take all the time they need.

Yes I understand. I don't think there will be an RC build, at least it doesn't sound like it based on the information ESET is posting on the forum.

To clarify, the sentence about asking and wondering about possible release dates wasn't pointed at you in particular but everyone that has already asked (which is several users) and users that hasn't asked yet.

I had a problem installing Outpost Pro on Windows 10 this week. Same problem on Windows 7.

The Outpost people blame it on NOD32, of course. They are talking about HIPS. I am not computer literate enough to understand what they are talking about.

If you people know what they are talking about, will it be fixed in the next release of NOD32?

Thanks

• Administrators

If you people know what they are talking about, will it be fixed in the next release of NOD32?

I recall in the past there was a clash with the product you've mentioned. It was actually ESET that incorporated changes to prevent clashes like this in the past but unfortunately other vendors didn't and thus such applications may still cause issues.

• 1 year later...