Can no longer access Web Console

Go to solution Solved by BornData,

We have been running ERAS Web Console since June with no issues in regards to accessing the console but after going to the URL today, I am met with a blank page. The self-signed certificate prompt shows and the favicon is displayed in the tab but the page is blank.

I have rebooted the server twice and checked the log files for Apache and Tomcat with both showing no noticeable issues.

The server is a 2003 32bit machine, is any other info needed? Thanks

• Solution

We have been running ERAS Web Console since June with no issues in regards to accessing the console but after going to the URL today, I am met with a blank page. The self-signed certificate prompt shows and the favicon is displayed in the tab but the page is blank.

I have rebooted the server twice and checked the log files for Apache and Tomcat with both showing no noticeable issues.

I had trouble access my ERA on virtual appliance running tomcat with a signed cert, my google chrome told me my diffie-hellman key was weak.

I did this to my server.xml

I added following line:

ciphers="TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA"

To the connector block in server.xml so it became like this:

<Connector port="8443" 
               protocol="HTTP/1.1" 
               SSLEnabled="true"
               ciphers="TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA384,TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA256,TLS_RSA_WITH_AES_256_CBC_SHA"
               maxThreads="150"
               scheme="https"
               secure="true"
               clientAuth="false"
               sslProtocol="TLS"
               keystoreFile="/etc/tomcat6/tomcat.keystore"
               keystorePass="MySecretPassWord"
               keyAlias="tomcat"
               />

I had trouble access my ERA on virtual appliance running tomcat with a signed cert, my google chrome told me my diffie-hellman key was weak.

I did this to my server.xml

I added following line:

To the connector block in server.xml so it became like this:

<Connector port="8443" 
               protocol="HTTP/1.1" 
               SSLEnabled="true"
               maxThreads="150"
               scheme="https"
               secure="true"
               clientAuth="false"
               sslProtocol="TLS"
               keystoreFile="/etc/tomcat6/tomcat.keystore"
               keystorePass="MySecretPassWord"
               keyAlias="tomcat"
               />

Thank you, this worked for me to fix the weak diffie-hellman key error in Chrome.

ESET, update your "known issues" list and post this solution as a workaround for this specific problem.