Dual Update Profile not working

Hi there,

I setup two update profiles following the instructions of this article: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3621/

The default profile is set to update from the mirror, which is working perfectly. If the client cannot connect to the mirror it should automatically update from the internet. The policies are applied fine, but if I disconnect the laptop from the network and press "Update now" I get "Could not connect to server". So I guess the second profile is never applied? I set the Server to automatic and entered my licence username/password below.

Can someone explain to me whats going wrong or how to do it? ;-)

Thanks,

Roesch

Hi there,

I setup two update profiles following the instructions of this article: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3621/

The default profile is set to update from the mirror, which is working perfectly. If the client cannot connect to the mirror it should automatically update from the internet. The policies are applied fine, but if I disconnect the laptop from the network and press "Update now" I get "Could not connect to server". So I guess the second profile is never applied? I set the Server to automatic and entered my licence username/password below.

Can someone explain to me whats going wrong or how to do it? ;-)

Thanks,

Roesch

"Update now" always use default update profile. If you want to use dual update profile, you have to setting a schedule task, for example "regular automatic update task". If you want to test it, you should run "regular automatic update" schedule task manual.

Thanks for the help! I will try this but have a general question. Policies and tasks are only applied/executed when the client is connected to the network, right? :blink:

According your issue... If the client get the tasks from ERA server's policies.. It can be executed in any network, in company local network or out of company network. Because the tasks are stored in the client. 

• Administrators

If you want to update Endpoint v6 from a local mirror, the mirror must be created by Endpoint v6. We recommend using an http proxy to cache update files and updating from ESET's servers. A command line tool for creating mirror content will be included in ERA 6.2 soon.

As for policies, these are applied by the locally installed agent. However, this has nothing to do with dual update profiles as update is triggered by update tasks in Scheduler.

Thanks for your help so far, after testing for a day now the second profile still doesn't get applied. NOD keeps trying to use the default profile and therefore cannot connect to the server from outside of the network. Any other ideas?

The Mirror is created with Eset FileSecurity on the server and working fine.

Edited by roesch

• Administrators

Thanks for your help so far, after testing for a day now the second profile still doesn't get applied. NOD keeps trying to use the default profile and therefore cannot connect to the server from outside of the network. Any other ideas?

How did you test it? If you go to Scheduler, right-click an update task with dual profiles set up and select Run now, the update will fail?