V6 clients cant update - internal server error / unable to connect to server

I've installed the new V6 server portion.. forced out client agents via the webconsole, as well as the AntiVirus Endpoint through the console..

All of my clients aren't updating, nor will they update if you do a manual click on the update button.. throws the error..

Looking in the settings on the client.. I see it references my server: http:\\vsav02:2221 and there is also a proxy set to the ip of the server (these were autoconfigured)..

Is there some step i'm missing for this to fully work?

Thanks in advance

• Administrators

Is the mirror created by a v6 product (Endpoint v6) ? If not, Endpoint v6 should update from ESET's servers, ie. the update server should be set to Autoselect. ERA 6.2 is going to be unveiled within a couple of hours and it will introduce a new command line tool for downloading mirror content.

Is the mirror created by a v6 product (Endpoint v6) ? If not, Endpoint v6 should update from ESET's servers, ie. the update server should be set to Autoselect. ERA 6.2 is going to be unveiled within a couple of hours and it will introduce a new command line tool for downloading mirror content.

I'm not sure i follow the first part of your question?  I ran the full Eset v6 installer, it installed everything, apache, sql etc.. Are you saying there is another admin portion that needs installed, related to the Endpoint AV?  I havent set up a mirror .. the proxy setting/update server setting i referenced, is showing up on the client ( i expected the vsav02:2221 but not the proxy)

Are you saying I would need to install the EndPoint Antivirus on the server where the updates point to (vsav02)?  In this case, i wouldnt install the endpoint AV for file server package then?  Then enable mirroring?

Edited by theskyisthelimit99

• Administrators

It could be that the update server is preserved when performing upgrade from Endpoint v5, I'll need to check it with our testers. Normally Endpoint v6 should update from ESET's servers while an HTTP proxy would cache downloaded files so other clients wouldn't need to download the same files again. Let's change the update server to autoselect via a policy and see if it starts working then.

It could be that the update server is preserved when performing upgrade from Endpoint v5, I'll need to check it with our testers. Normally Endpoint v6 should update from ESET's servers while an HTTP proxy would cache downloaded files so other clients wouldn't need to download the same files again. Let's change the update server to autoselect via a policy and see if it starts working then.

Yeah i hadnt realized the need for the mirror (AV installation on Vsav02 with mirror option) for now...

Ok, so in policies i dont see where this setting is coming from.. i'm not sure which policy is the one that all the workstations are getting.. i've gone through quite a few and looked for the option that specified the manual server name.. i will change it to automatic (internet) once i can find it?

The setting can be found here (make sure it's marked to be applied):

attachicon.gifera6_upd_autoselect.png

Ok, but which policy.. i'm assuming i go under policies then set it there, but there are a ton of policies, i'm not sure which is the main one workstations get (by default)?

• Administrators

You can create a new policy for a particular dynamic group (e.g. Windows computers) or edit an existing one. To create a new policy, click the gear wheel icon next to a dynamic group with computers and select Manage policies. There you can create and add a policy for that dynamic group.

You can create a new policy for a particular dynamic group (e.g. Windows computers) or edit an existing one. To create a new policy, click the gear wheel icon next to a dynamic group with computers and select Manage policies. There you can create and add a policy for that dynamic group.

yeah i saw that that could be done.. i was just trying to figure out, how in the client's settings, they were getting the update server to be the local server.. or is this maybe initially set by the agent and when the client installs it just auto defaults to it.. meaning that really, nothing client side is set in a policy until you define one either way?