ESET Facebook online scanner

hana

hi, guys, I have been facing difficulty to log in my facebook account. Facebook suggested me to download ESET scanner and i did it and i run it but doesnt work ESET and facebook both of them. Now i cant log in to my account its been 1,5 days already. When i log in it shows only one option which is download ESET i cant see my facebook profile i cant see anything just eset download on my facebook. when i download again, it wont run so i dont know how i can remove this and log in to my account. if there is somebody who knows please help me?, thank you guys

• Former ESET Employees

Hello! We’re sorry you’re experiencing issues related to Facebook Malware Checkpoint. A Facebook algorithm has identified your computer as possibly being infected by malicious software. To use your Facebook account, you will need to login and use our free ESET Online Scanner to check your system for possible threats. Just run ESET Online Scanner after it downloads; once the scan has begun, you don’t need to wait until it finishes. You can find an easy step-by-step guide here: hxxp://support.eset.com/kb3626/ 

If that link does not work for you, here is a link to our post on this: hxxp://www.eset.com/int/about/press/eset-blog/article/why-does-facebook-require-that-i-scan-my-computer-with-eset/

• 2 years later...

I'm having the same problem with my FB account.  In order to access my page, FB is telling me I must download ESET due to "maleware'' they claim has been 'detected'.

I've had my computer completely and thoroughly scanned with nothing bad showing up anywhere.

At this time, I AM able to get onto my FB page.  I simply 'Google' the browser "duckduckgo.com".  This brings up Duck Duck Go's search bar.  In that bar I type "facebook".  THIS brings me to a list of FB sites I can click on.  I choose "Facebook Log In" and am immediately on my page with no problems.  

Probably a temporary 'fix' but I'll take what I can get while trying to learn more about this ESET/FB set up.  

Edited by CelticCat2015
Would like to see any replies to my comment. Forgot to click that lower left tab, here.