eset mac version app launch fails

i am testing the free version of eset for mac

problems are

1. can't add app to dock in normal way

2. if you go to launch pad and launch eset it does not go to dock

3. once you use it first time it won't relaunch you have to reboot mac each time

4. there is now way to see if it scans at startup

thanks 

• Most Valued Members

i am testing the free version of eset for mac

problems are

1. can't add app to dock in normal way

2. if you go to launch pad and launch eset it does not go to dock

3. once you use it first time it won't relaunch you have to reboot mac each time

4. there is now way to see if it scans at startup

thanks 

Hello,

1. You can add the app to the dock by clicking on the ESET icon on the top right of OS X, clicking Preferences... > Interface > and check 'Present application in Dock'. After restarting your Mac you should see it in the dock.
  2. Launching the app in Launchpad or via Applications will not do anything as it is already present in the top right of OS X (menubar), and also in the dock when you enable the option as previously mentioned. (I've previously mentioned this in a different topic, you can view it by clicking here.)
  3. I'm not sure what you mean with this one - you can also see the window by clicking on the ESET icon on the top right of OS X and clicking 'Open ESET Cyber Security'.
  4. A startup scan is performed after updating or after starting up OS X. The ESET icon on the top right of OS X will change from the regular 'e' to a green spinning circle. If you are seeing the circle it means it is either performing an update or doing the startup scan.
Edited by planet