Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drake008

Bitcoin Miner Timerserver.exe

Is there an update in the making for finding and killing this damn thing?

Do you mean the application is not detected by ESET? If so, check if you have detection of potentially unsafe applications enabled.

I mean detection of potentially unsafe applications which can be enabled for protection modules and on-demand scanner separately. You can find this setting in the ThreatSense engine setup.

Hi Drake 008

To edit your settings for detection of potentially unwanted, unsafe or suspicious programs, follow the steps from the Knowledgebase article below appropriate for your version of ESET:

It is likely that during initial setup you did not enable detection of these types of programs, you can learn more about these types of programs here.

The settings were enabled from the start and still it did not find this Bitcoin Miner virus

Then please submit the suspicious file to ESET as per the instructions here so that we can check if it should be detected or not.

Well I did this on the 19th of july and up until now nobody has answered me. That is what I call a "superb" support.

Apparently the file has been detected since update 8624. Almost none of the big AV vendors detect it to date.

Where can I see which update of the Security Suite I got.

Where can I see which update of the Security Suite I got.

You should currently have VSD version 8700 as that is the latest one.

Place the cursor on the ESET icon (looks like an eye/or a small "e") in the taskbar, and you will see something like "Virus Signature Database: 8700 (20130818)"