Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MrWrighty

Update to Version 6 crashes Outlook 2011 V14.5.4

Recommended Posts

Since upgrading to V6.0.24.5, Outlook 2011 crashes every single time. This as you can imagine is a major issue as I cannot collect my business emails.

 

I have tried disabling email realtime protection but the problem still exists.

 

Urgent help required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest version for EAV for home users is 8.0.319 and Enpoint Antivirus 6.2.2121 for business users. Please upgrade to the latest version first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like the OP was referring to ESET Endpoint Antivirus 6 for OS X which the latest version is v6.0.24.0, and Microsoft Office for Mac 2011.

 

If it is, then it is the same issue pointed out here with no response yet: https://forum.eset.com/topic/5281-ees-6-email-client-protection-issues/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can confirm as Planet has said, this is Eset AV version 6.0.24.5 for OS X with Microsoft Outlook 2011 a version only available on the MAC, so no confusion. 

 

I too have read the previous posts on this forum, to which there has been no response, this is very disconcerting from an Eset users point of view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've tested it on the same system as yours and didn't encounter any issues. I'll drop you all a pm with instructions how to proceed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the logs. Please let us know what version of ESET Endpoint Antivirus you had installed before upgrading to v6.0.24 and which didn't cause the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi 

 

Very sorry for the late reply, but been extremely busy.

 

I upgrade from V5 to V6. V5 was never an issue. V6 caused Outlook to crash immediately after being installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it looks like I have finally found a solution.

 

It appears that the installation of Eset Endpoint AV changes the permissions of ~/library/preferences/loginwindow.plist to root:wheel.

 

I found this courtesy of MagerValp on https://magervalp.github.io/2015/08/17/scep-outlook-crash.html. His problem stemmed from 

 

System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection + Outlook 2011 = Crash

 

​He commented that System Centre 2012 Endpoint Protection was a rebrand of Eset/NOD32 hence my interest. His post is very recent 17th Aug 2015.

 

He wrote the following script to fix the permission issue: -

 

#!/bin/bash

 
# Restore ownership of user preference files.
for preffolder in /Users/*/Library/Preferences; do
    if [[ -d "$preffolder" ]]; then
        uidgid=$(stat -f "%u:%g" "$preffolder")
        chown -hR "$uidgid" "$preffolder"
    fi
done
 
I have now run this script on my MAC running El Capitan, Outlook 2011 and Eset V6.1.16.0 and I now have a running stable Outlook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got it. The culprit was MathType 6.7h. Moving "MathType Commands.dot" to the Trash or Desktop fixed it: Curiously, this problem arose on Mac mini, but not on iMac (both released at end 2012).If this configuration used to work then I'd guess it's either 10.10.5 related or 14.5.4 related. That obviously doesn't help you much. All I can offer is a suggestion to try going back to a configuration where it did work.


 

Thanks for your help.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for your information, current I just test on sandbox. when I create plugin I select both from dropdown list.
then deployed on disk, and registed in sandbox.
anything wrong, what I should to do to make it works for outlook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad that you found a solution, I wonder why the permissions are modified.  :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have there been any updates or progress on this issue. I seem to have the same issue on 10 of my machines at work. So far no resolution has worked.

 

Thanks,

 

Adonis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I confirm that the problem is still present with Endpoint 6.1.16.1

 

Using Office 2011 14.6.4 and El Capitain 10.11.5

 

However the fix mentioned earlier :

 

 

#!/bin/bash

 
# Restore ownership of user preference files.
for preffolder in /Users/*/Library/Preferences; do
    if [[ -d "$preffolder" ]]; then
        uidgid=$(stat -f "%u:%g" "$preffolder")
        chown -hR "$uidgid" "$preffolder"
    fi
done

 

Did the trick for me ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...