6.2 Endpoint. HIPS

safety

good afternoon.
6.2 Endpoint reason for not working in HIPS generally block network folders?

(\\server\folder_doc\*.*)

This rule only works for local folders.

(C:\folder_doc)

the more that 5.0 Endpoint this rule HIPS in running for local and network folders

20.08.2015 8:46:29 C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG\gpg.exe Получить доступ к файлу \\server\f\users\user\Documents\DATA\block_list\Н****\block_addr_social.txt.gpg определенный доступ заблокирован block access to folder doc Выполнить запись в файл
20.08.2015 9:00:27 C:\Program Files\GNU\GnuPG\gpg.exe Получить доступ к файлу \\server1\public\folder1\12.txt.gpg определенный доступ заблокирован block access to folder doc Выполнить запись в файл

----------------

to block encryption network folders, create two rules:
1. block all applications work with files (delete, modify, direct disk access) for network folders \\server\folder_doc\*.*

2. allow for some applications (Far, Total Commander, explorer, Office....) work with files (delete, modify, direct disk access) for all files.

so here. These rules operate at Endpoint 5.0 and 6.2 Endpoynt - do not work.

Edited by safety

Sorry difficulties with the translation.

6.2 I can not restrict access to the documents of the network folders     \\server\folder\*. *

5.0 it works fine.

Edited by safety

+

When this is corrected? All the same, Endpoint - a corporate product and work in the 6.2 block rules only for local folders. Thank.

Edited by safety

• Administrators

As far I can tell, rules cannot be created for network paths in Endpoint v6 as you have no way to enter "\\" and a folder or file must be selected via a browser. Maybe it will be possible in future versions but I can't tell for sure now without discussing it with engineers.

Marcos, thanks for the reply, and once again apologize for my imperfect English.

But pay attention that in Enpoint 5 these rules to the network '\\server\" by working well uh, why the developers have removed it from Endpoynt 6.2 is unclear. And how do they propose to protect the network drives have U, G,M,N, which are mounted at the user, unless the rules of the letters do not work "U:\*.*, the rules of network paths "\\server\folder\*.* are not working. So, if the encoder is run on the local system and walked antivirus protection and local policies, it will encrypt all network drives, HIPS and it is nothing to prohibit and contrast.