Games are not happy with new ESET Smart Security

Hi!

With the latest Eset Smart Security 7 beta (7.0.104.0) gaming is not possible because of constant lagging/jerkiness every half second or so. Disabling ESS beta doesn't help, only uninstall.

• Administrators

I think that quite a lot of people here play games and nobody has experienced such issues yet. Does the issue occur with every game you play or with specific ones? Does any of the following make a difference?

- disabling real-time protection via gui

- disabling Advanced memory scanner

- disabling HIPS + Self-defense and restarting the computer

- disabling firewall via gui

- changing firewall integration to "Only scan application protocols" followed by a computer restart

- changing firewall integration to "Personal firewall is completely disabled" followed by a computer restart

- disabling Advanced memory scanner

This one did the trick.

I tried it on ArmA 2 and Battlefield 3. Both with the same simptoms.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I've played Battlefield 3 with ESS 7.0.104 beta installed and Advanced memory scanner enabled but didn't notice any issues at all. Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

Time to start comparing system specs.

I play games daily. Have have had no issues with advanced memory scanner enabled with Battlefield, or Crysis, Wow, Aion, AssasinsCreed, Farcry.

Vidko.....

Please list the following :
--Hard drive your OS is installed on - model, type, interface connection.

--Amount of System Ram, Speed of system Ram

--Processor type & speed

-- FSB speed if applicable

--Whether or not Gaming mode is enabled

-- OS version

Please post if you require assistance obtaining this info.

• 1 month later...

I can confirm I have this problem also with Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead. A half second to a second jerk in game. It has no relation to framerate and is not because of my hardware as I have I high end custom built system. The problem is not present when I uninstall ESET. I have not experienced it with other games as of yet. I will try disabling Memory scanning and report back.

UPDATE: Disabling Advanced Memory Scanning fixes this issue :) . There appears to be a conflict with Arma 2 and Esets 7s AMS for certain users.

Edited by smokm

• Administrators

UPDATE: Disabling Advanced Memory Scanning fixes this issue  :) . There appears to be a conflict with Arma 2 and Esets 7s AMS for certain users.

Just to make sure, do you have the latest version (1406) of the Antivirus and antispyware module installed and LiveGrid enabled ?

• Former ESET Employees

Seems like an obvious question but also wanted to address Gamer Mode (which is disabled by default) and verify that the lag still persists with Gamer Mode enabled.

I'm also having problems with games. Specifically WoW. It disconnects from games after a brief period, no error logs, no freezes, I just get kicked out of multiplayer games on LAN, and the only pc i have this problem is the one i have ESS happening with V6 and V7 ... no clues as to why!