ESET and 'System Integrity Protection' in OS X El Capitan

Go to solution Solved by TomasP,

• Most Valued Members

Will we be able to successfully install and use ECS and ECSP with OS X El Capitan's "System Integrity Protection" turned on by default?

Now supporting El Capitan.

Download the latest version from the ESET website (hxxp://www.eset.com/)

30/09/2015

• Changed: End User License Agreement
    • Changed: Redesign licensing
    • Added: Support for OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
    • Fixed: Issue with occasional esets_proxy CPU waste
    • Fixed: Issues with Web Access protection
    • Fixed: Issue with service shut down time
    • Fixed: Issues with occasional GUI crash related to multiple Computer scan processes
    • Fixed: Issue with scheduled On-demand computer scan causing crash
    • Fixed: Media blocking events not logged
    • Fixed: Localisation bugs
Edited by planet

• Former ESET Employees

ESET Cyber Security and ESET Cyber Security Pro do not yet support OS X El Capitan. The next product release for both will fully support this o/s. No date on this release has been announced. When it has, we will announce it here on the Forum.

• Most Valued Members

This is understandable due to the new System Integrity Protection, pretty much all security products (or any app/product that needs access to system folders/files) are currently not functional without forcing the user to turn this off at the moment (Edit: Sophos has just released an El Capitan compatible stable version to home users that resolved this).

With the release date, I really hope ESET tries to release support for El Capitan just before or very shortly after its release (most likely next month Edit: 30th September). I am aware that some times it is out of your control if Apple makes last minute changes, however.

Edited by planet

• Most Valued Members

Well, Apple has just released the Golden Master (GM) of OS X El Captain to Developers and will be released to the public on 30th September!  :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Most Valued Members

ESET Cyber Security and ESET Cyber Security Pro do not yet support OS X El Capitan. The next product release for both will fully support this o/s. No date on this release has been announced. When it has, we will announce it here on the Forum.

El Capitan is about to be released worldwide in about 24-48 hours (GM released to developers 9th September). I noticed that there's still no ESET announcement for a compatible version, or if it will address any potential fixes users are really wanting and have been waiting for all year now.

What's going to happen? What about the users who are auto-updated, unaware of the incompatibility (or the users wanting to reinstall Cyber Security)? :(

Edited by planet

• Most Valued Members

Hi,

The release is planned to correlate to the El Capitan release so that the users experience no incompatibility issues.

Great to hear that... however there is now only a few hours left until release (about 10am PDT) and other users would ideally need to upgrade ESET Cyber Security Pro first before upgrading to El Capitan (unless you want to do a clean install), so as Weety mentioned:

It would be better to release it in advance so people can update to a compatible version before El Capitan is released

I've personally uninstalled ECSP and will install the new version after El Capitan when it is ready (hopefully addressing this SIP feature), but for users who are unaware about this, auto-update OS X (the App Store will download automatically and prompt them to install if turned on) or forget about having ECS/ECSP installed and upgrade anyway it would have been ideal to release an update at least the day before (or even better a few days before) both manually on the website and notified within the program too. That way there wouldn't be incompatibility issues.

Edited by planet

I've permenantly uninstalled ESCP because of the bugs, and lack of any real support from ESET

This latest fun with them not releasing an El Capitan compatible version even 1 day before the official availability of El Capitan just reminds me of why I need to find another supplier for Antivirus/Internet Security 

• Most Valued Members

I've permenantly uninstalled ESCP because of the bugs, and lack of any real support from ESET

This latest fun with them not releasing an El Capitan compatible version even 1 day before the official availability of El Capitan just reminds me of why I need to find another supplier for Antivirus/Internet Security 

:(  Weety, I would give ESET at least one more chance with this new release when it does come out since this is quite a major one (I hope).

:(  Weety, I would give ESET at least one more chance with this new release when it does come out since this is quite a major one (I hope).

Planet, I have given them numerous chances, we're still awaiting fixes for the Shutdown delay nearly a year after it was reported

• ESET Moderators
  • Solution

Hello,

I am glad to announce that we have just released new versions of ESET Cyber Security, ESET Cyber Security Pro, ESET Endpoint Antivirus for Mac OS X and ESET Endpoint Security for Mac OS X with added support for Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan.

The files are already available to download at our international site www.eset.com/int/download and the local sites should follow soon.

T.