ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security 7.0.104 beta released

• Administrators

ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security 7.0.104 beta have been released.

Changelog:

• Added Specialized cleaner
  • Added configuration of action to be taken after a removable device is connected
  • Fixed bugs discovered after the June release

Existing beta users can upgrade to it using the built-in program version check function or install it from scratch.

Download:

ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7.0.104 beta

ESET Smart Security 7.0.104 beta

• Administrators

Is there any chance to get Thunderbird plugin to work with current versions?

There are currently no plans to support Thundebird due to its rapid release cycle. However, email received via POP3 and IMAP will be scanned regardless of whether an email client is supported or not.

Guest Mandi
There are currently no plans to support Thundebird due to its rapid release cycle. However, email received via POP3 and IMAP will be scanned regardless of whether an email client is supported or not.

So better removie support for TB at all, remove it form advertisements, not mention it anywhere, because it causes people to think that this plugin will work with their mailclient, but it won't work and as you said there's no plan to make it working again.

• ESET Insiders

...The new v7 beta version is downloadable from the download page. Existing beta users can upgrade to it using the built-in program version check function or install it from scratch.

The download link appears to only go to NOD32 and not the suite. I found it anyway, but not from that page.

...The new v7 beta version is downloadable from the download page. Existing beta users can upgrade to it using the built-in program version check function or install it from scratch.

The download link appears to only go to NOD32 and not the suite. I found it anyway, but not from that page.

Hi

Come on xxJackxx, you know it from yourself, even stars can fail. ;)  :D

Regards Janus

• Administrators

Keen observation :) I've edited my initial post and included download links for both products.

• ESET Insiders

Keen observation :) I've edited my initial post and included download links for both products.

Great! I have been using the 7.0.104 build on 2 machines since it was released and can't find anything wrong with it. I'll report back if that changes.

I am still having issues with web protection messing up access to my Asus RT-N66U router's admin pages (as reported in the original beta thread). I uninstalled the beta and went back to v6 (again) and all is well. This does not bode well.

--

bc

I am still having issues with web protection messing up access to my Asus RT-N66U router's admin pages (as reported in the original beta thread). I uninstalled the beta and went back to v6 (again) and all is well. This does not bode well.

--

bc

Have you tried with the default firmware and ver7 ?

Your using a modified firmware of course, but you say ver6 is fine ?

Reflash and try again ?

Another note, IE and Chrome both contain a larger group of embedded features then some other browsers?

Can you try with Firefox, Opera, and maybe Safari and see if it still happens on those as well, maybe off and on with eset also ?

Do you have a straight connection to your router ? Or wireless ?

A switch in middle ?

Http or https protocol to connect ?

• Administrators

--

bc

Please create 2 Wireshark logs, one with http filtering enabled when the issue occurs and the other one with http filtering disabled when your router's admin pages open fine. When done, upload them to a safe location (e.g. Dropbox, Skydrive,...) and PM me the download link.

• ESET Insiders

Good luck with that!  :P   I'm having a hard time finding anything wrong with it too!

I must say I still can't find anythingwrong with it. This is the most troublefree ESET product I have run since the days of 2.x. Can't wait for the final.

--

bc

Please create 2 Wireshark logs, one with http filtering enabled when the issue occurs and the other one with http filtering disabled when your router's admin pages open fine. When done, upload them to a safe location (e.g. Dropbox, Skydrive,...) and PM me the download link.

Traces taken. PM sent. Thank you.

--

bc

• ESET Insiders

Stats: Windows 7 X64 SP1. I uninstalled the latest stable version of NOD 32 then installed the beta of Eset Smart Security. I tried downloading NOD 32 beta, but both links downloaded Smart Security instead.  The only issue i've noticed is while it was conducting a complete system scan it took almost 3 times as long for my Web Browser, and Ccleaner to open. I didn't try any other applications during the scan. ESS began scanning on it's own without asking the user. Everything else seems to be running really smooth.

Edited by cutting_edgetech

• ESET Insiders

Btw.. it looks the same as version 6 which is ok with me since why waste time making a new GUI for a marketing strategy which I suspect some vendors do. What's different under the hood? Is any new technology or detection method being added in version 7?

• ESET Insiders

If you try to download NOD 32 beta from here both links download Eset Smart Security instead hxxp://www.eset.com/us/beta/

I was able to get NOD 32 beta version from the link in this thread. The website link needs updated.

Edited by cutting_edgetech

• ESET Insiders

I like how Eset gives the reputation of an application requesting internet access when the Firewall is in interactive mode. Was this feature also in version 6? I have only been using NOD 32 instead of Eset Smart Security.

• ESET Insiders

Please give an option to report phishing sites within Eset application. Eset could place the feature next to the option to submit suspicious files. Phishing, and fraud protection is very important to me since I do a lot of online business. There's a lot of sketchy websites out there operating at least in a gray area. Make it easier to report them.

• Administrators

Please give an option to report phishing sites within Eset application. Eset could place the feature next to the option to submit suspicious files. Phishing, and fraud protection is very important to me since I do a lot of online business. There's a lot of sketchy websites out there operating at least in a gray area. Make it easier to report them.

You can report a phishing website via the built-in submission form.