ESET settings and password reset Utility

Guest Lostpuppy

Guest Lostpuppy

Hello, I tried deleting my ESET but I created a password back them for whenever I wanted to change settings. But now I have forgotten my password and can't delete my ESET. I went to website and searched the helpdesk and found this program to remove this password. I downloaded it but the link that was posted there, that should normally redirect me to customer care to give me this code, wasn't working anymore. So now I'm stuck. My ESET won't be working anymore next week. And I can't uninstall it. Could somebody please tell me what to do now? Many thanks in advance. A very lost puppy.

• ESET Staff

Hi there,

It sounds like you downloaded our Unlock utility, which is a good start. From what I can tell you are using it correctly, but you can view our Knowledgebase article for illustrated instructions. If you have already generated an unlock code, you should submit a support request form. Include the unlock code that you generated in the "describe your issue" notes on page two of the support request form.

We do also have a video that goes over the same steps.

I will see that the hyperlink to the support form that is included in that article gets repaired as soon as possible, thanks for letting us know about that.

Guest Lostpuppy

Hello, thank you for your quick reply. However the link you gave me in your second reply, is what I think, the same link I tried this afternoon that didn't work. All I see is a blank screen. It shows it's loading or busy trying to open but it never does. All I have right now is the ID number. I submitted three different forms from ESET today. Also Dutch ones. I wasn't sure at some point which form was the right one, it was a little confusing. Anyways, I have submitted the support request form you showed me, hopefully they will be able to help me, since I'm outside the states. But many thanks for your reply.

Guest Lostpuppy

Already got a reply. They said I should contact the local department in my country, as expected. They gave me a link to the same form I already submitted. Hopefully I will get a respond this time. I feel a bit uneasy because I know I only have until next week, then my ESET expires and I really need my pc that week. But I must say that the helpdesk in the States is very fast haha. >.>

• 2 weeks later...
  • Former ESET Employees

If your issue has already been solved at this point, please post a response giving the solution that resolved your issue, so that others with the same problem can come here and know how to fix it. Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Hello, I have the same trounle with you last week. But now I have got answers on Google. You can search on Google to get a simple and easy way.