Problems updating program and virus db

Andy59
Go to solution Solved by Marcos,

Hello

I am running NOD32 version 7.0.317.4.   Last week I upgraded my OS from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro.

It looks as if my virus database has not been updated since that OS upgrade.   There is an odd discrepancy on my update screen (see attachment).  Although the update file is dated Aug 8, the last successful update date is Aug 1. When I click on the link to the 12065 database, it opens the 12030 webpage (i.e. the Aug 1 update).   

Further, when I try to upgrade my NOD32 application to version 8, it consistently fails.  According to the log, it looks as if the failure is due to a missing MSI file when trying to uninstall the current version.   it is searching for ei_4386.msi, which doesn't seem to exist anywhere on my machine.

I'd be grateful for any advice as to how to resolve these issues.    Please let me know if you need me to provide any further details.

Thanks

Andy

post-8292-0-00352300-1439099153_thumb.jpg

• Administrators
  • Solution

I'd suggest carrying on as follows:

1, Download EAV 8.0.319 from www.eset.com

2, Disable Self-defense in the advanced setup -> HIPS

3, Restart the computer

4, Uninstall EAV v7 using the Uninstall tool

5, Install EAV 8.0.319

Thanks for your response. 

Regarding Step 4:  Are you recommending a manual uninstall?  When I try to uninstall in the normal way (via Programs and Features, or via the Uninstall option in the Windows Start menu), I hit the error I mentioned above. (missing MSI file).   

Just to update....

I've managed to uninstall EAV 7 using the ESETUninstaller and following the instructions here  hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2289

I'm now running version 8 of the software, and the virus database had updated itself correctly.  Everything looks okay.

Thanks very much for your help.

Great!  :)

Yes, it was that tool Marcos referred to in Step 4. Good you managed to find the KB article without a direct link.

Edited by SweX