Any command line tools for scanning file on Mac?

reliveyy

As I searched on Google I found some program like ecls.exe on windows, but I did't find the counterpart on Mac. So anyone knows something please tell me. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

*Bump*. 

Reviving this thread. I'd be interested in some command line parameters too for the Mac and Linux. Especially for settings that policies that ERA 6 doesn't cover.

Found 'em. 

The are a handful of binaries inside the the ESET application. Go to 

/Applications/*ESET\ APPLICATION\ HERE*/Contents/MacOS/

Inside you'll find

Inspector  esets_daemon  esets_gui  esets_mac   esets_sci
esets_ctl  esets_esi     esets_kac  esets_scan  esets_set

The esets_scan binary is the one you are looking for. 

Type the following to see all of the parameters you can use with this binary (fix the path to include your application - don't forget to escape spaces with a leading \ .

/Applications/*ESET\ APPLICATION\ HERE*/Contents/MacOS/esets_scan --help

• Most Valued Members

Type the following to see all of the parameters you can use with this binary (fix the path to include your application - don't forget to escape spaces with a leading \ .

/Applications/*ESET\ APPLICATION\ HERE*/Contents/MacOS/esets_scan --help

Had no idea esets_scan would allow you to do this, great find  :)

When typing, you can start typing the first few letters of a folder and press Tab - terminal will automatically do the rest of the folder name (useful for getting the ESET name right, you just type ESET and press tab). You can alternatively visit the MacOS folder in Finder and simply drag 'esets_scan' into the terminal window and it will automatically fill in the whole path for you.