ESet versus Windows 10

bookmarkm

Need help...installed Win 10 on July 28, '15,  and since then have not been able to perform regular ESet updates.  The last update noted on my eset window is 07-29.  I can go through the motions of performing an update but no results.

Please help.​.

P.S.:  I am NOT a computer whiz

• Administrators

Unfortunately, you didn't mention what error you're getting when attempting to update ESET manually. Also it's not clear what ESET product and version you have installed, what modules are installed (the information from the About window), what build of Windows 10 you have, etc. Please provide as much information as possible.

i also experiencing the same situation, my laptop updated yesterday to windows 10, and now my eset nod32 antivirus cannot update version 8.0.319.0 and my last successful update was 08-06-2015

Need help...installed Win 10 on July 28, '15,  and since then have not been able to perform regular ESet updates.  The last update noted on my eset window is 07-29.  I can go through the motions of performing an update but no results.

Please help.​.

P.S.:  I am NOT a computer whiz

post-8288-0-74804400-1439084690_thumb.png

post-8288-0-51491600-1439084695_thumb.png

I also updated to Windows 10 but I do not get any of the NOD32 Antivirus screens....  all I get is an error message stating Windows could not update NOD 32 because there is a driver missing for Outlook.

I had Windows 7 Pro 64 bit loaded and moved to Windows 10 and did not update prior.  I didn't think about it not working. I now have Windows v 10 Pro loaded.

I checked in my e-mails and my subscription to Eset NOD32 is good until 3-27-16.

Thank you,

Greg R

Marcos - I cannot get a screen shot for you.  What I do get are two dialogue boxes from Microsoft Office Outlook which say:

The add-in "ESET Outlook Plugin" (C:\PROGRA~1\ESET\ESETNO~1\x86\EPLG~1.DLL) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook.  Please contact the add-in manufacturer for an update.  If no update is available, please uninstall the add-in.

The second dialogue box which pops up immediately after you hit the OK button on the first box says:  The Add-in "ESET Outlook Plugin" (C:\Program files\ESET\ESET NOD 32 Antivirus\x86\eplgOutlook.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook.  Please contact the add-in manufacturer for an update.  If no update is available, please uninstall the add-in.

The drivers mentioned in the above dialogue boxes are not there.  This is where I am at now.

Even before Windows downloads the 10 package, it has disabled my ESET antivirus. 

I simply agreed yesterday to allow Microsoft to download Windows 10 and this morning ESET could not access the Internet. 

I do not use Outlook and have not set it up on my laptop (the computer with this problem). 

It seems that something in the Windows update is blocking ESET access to the Internet, not just plug-ins for Outlook, etc.

The message I received was "ESET could not connect to the server".

Hope they can correct this.

• Administrators

Even before Windows downloads the 10 package, it has disabled my ESET antivirus. 

Do you really have ESET NOD32 Antivirus installed and not ESET Smart Security? Does reinstallation help?

• 2 weeks later...

I down loaded windows 10 and decided it was not for me,i have reinstalled windows 7 but i get a message informing me my virus database is out of date,i have clicked the update button but after 1 hour no progress is visable.Last update according to eset was on the 7 of this month.Meanwhile i am not covered.