ESET Smart Security and Win10 upgrade

Hi All,

Just wanted to say "Thank you" to ESET for making the Smart Security software compatible with Windows 10 upgrade.

I used the Media creation tool to upgrade my Windows 8.1 to 10 and everything went smooth including leaving ESET Smart Security running as usual before I started the upgrade.  Been running for hours now and Eset is up-to-date in signature.

cheers

Just wanted to say thank you to ESET also for making the Smart Security software compatible with Windows 10 upgrade.

I upgraded both of my PC's from 8.1 to 10 Home edition with out a glitch in the process.

Very much appreciate not having any problems with ESS.

This is why the ESET solution and this forum are the best in the business.

I had 1 PC that installed OK, without issues

I however had 3 that all had issues with ESET Smart Security, I had not only to de-install via control panel, but use the ESET Removal tool in Safe Mode to kill it out

Once removed and windows 10 patched (yes there were patches available for it already), I was able to re-install OK

one PC did then complain about the firewall, but on re-enabling it , it worked

My advice for anyone doing the upgrade to windows 10 ... de install ESET Smart Security, use the removal tool in safe mode , and only then do the windows 10 update

Once the update is all completed, re-install Smart Security

• 2 weeks later...

I had 1 PC that installed OK, without issues

I however had 3 that all had issues with ESET Smart Security, I had not only to de-install via control panel, but use the ESET Removal tool in Safe Mode to kill it out

Once removed and windows 10 patched (yes there were patches available for it already), I was able to re-install OK

one PC did then complain about the firewall, but on re-enabling it , it worked

My advice for anyone doing the upgrade to windows 10 ... de install ESET Smart Security, use the removal tool in safe mode , and only then do the windows 10 update

Once the update is all completed, re-install Smart Security

Thanks. I second this advice. For the time being, at least.

ESS did not transfer properly for me (Windows 8.1, ESS 8.0.319, resulted in disabled modules and enabled Defender & Windows Firewall). Needed an ESS reinstall (repair). I will probably uninstall and use Defender for a while, which always clears up network issues and a few odd others for me anyway. I'll probably end up appreciating ESS and ESET's work even more after a few weeks of Defender, ha, but who knows.

• Administrators

For some reason Windows 10 provides invalid data to ESS during upgrade. Another known issue is that epfwlwf driver doesn't get installed installed properly. This was a known bug in previous Windows 10 builds so we need to investigate why it's still happening with RTM version too. Manual reinstallation of epfwlwf works. Also reinstalling ESS should work too.