Renewals Page Says Renewal Period Expired

Kid's computer license for ESS has expired as of yesterday.  I go to eset.com/renew and put in username and email address, and it reports, "The renewal period for this license has expired. You will need to purchase
a new license in order to continue protection with ESET." 
Huh, the web page clearly says I can renew 90 days before and 60 days after.  I double-checked and it says that it expired on 7/13/2013.  I even went to Help and Support and used "Verify Licence Validity" and it says "License was valid until 7/13/2013."  What gives?

post-1246-0-70886200-1373839351_thumb.png

Hey Carl S.

I think the best advice here, is in your own post. Try to call Eset on the phone number given in your screen capture. I have no doubt that they will help you out.

Regards, Janus

They must be busy over there catching up with weekend messages. Left a message right as they opened, taking advantage of their call-back feature, and it's been a couple of hours. I'm glad I left my cell number as well, as I'll be heading off to lunch soon and would be upset if they called while I was away.

ESET never did call me back.  Very disappointing as I've always gotten good phone support from them in the past. 

When I called them back this afternoon, I did not use the callback option, and just waited a minute or so to get someone. It turns out that the issue was that I have purchased another license using the same email address through a reseller.  Even though this one that I'm renewing was not purchased through that reseller, that reseller apparently has commandeered all renewals related to the email address.  Seems like a bad system to me.

A) Buy 1 license for xyzzy@example.com through ESET store.

B) Buy 1 license for xyzzy@example.com through ESET store.

C) Buy 1 license for xyzzy@example.com through reseller.

Cannot renew license "A" because reseller now controls all your renewals.  That stinks.

As the reseller involved here - I can state that we did not "commandeer all renewals related to the email address" - ESET is a partner channel based company - if you you register/purchase licenses through a reseller, ESET than allocates your account - identified by email address, to the reseller.  If you want to change resellers, or deal directly with ESET instead of the reseller - then contacting ESET and asking for that purchase option should override the reseller arrangement.  ESET is, in the end - going to benefit from a happy customer more than anything.

That said - we did speak on the phone yesterday - and I was able to get this license renewed - even though the ESET websites said it could not be renewed - we got you a renewal processed at renewal rates.  We can sometimes work "magic" that the ESET website cannot.

We're a small family run reseller- although we have a LOT of ESET customers - we continue to do well selling ESET software solutions because we are in the customer service business - we happen to sell a product we love and use ourselves - which is the ESET software.

I hope that my explanation of the way ESET handled your account - ie, you are directed to a reseller based on the past relationship - keyed on your EMAIL address - not the license itself has cleared up any confusion  - we certainly didn't commandeer your business! ;)

• Former ESET Employees

We'll allow 24hrs to pass before marking this issue as resolved so that Carl S has an opportunity to respond. Thank you webyourbusiness for your positive contribution.