Agent MSI property

Hi,

Is it possible to set multiple servers within the MSI property "P_Hostname"?

If it is possible, in which format should I enter it?

Would the values below work?

server1;server2;10.0.0.22

I'm also wondering what's the use of the HTTP Proxy under the the "Advanced settings" of the ESET Remote Administrator Agent policy? Is it for the client to access the internet for updates? By default the policy uses the IP of our ESET server which is odd.

Finally, for Endpoint Antivirus updates I have 2 update profiles. One for internal that uses our own ESET server for updates and one external when machines are off the network. Can't seem to find a way to make it default to internal and fallback to external when it cannot reach the internal server. It seems it's one or the other, not both.

I'm on ERA 6.

Thanks,

• Administrators

Is it possible to set multiple servers within the MSI property "P_Hostname"?

If it is possible, in which format should I enter it?

Would the values below work?

server1;server2;10.0.0.22

Do you want to specify both an external and internal IP address of the ERA server?

I'm also wondering what's the use of the HTTP Proxy under the the "Advanced settings" of the ESET Remote Administrator Agent policy? Is it for the client to access the internet for updates? By default the policy uses the IP of our ESET server which is odd.

It's the proxy server that agent connects to the Internet, e.g. to download agent updates or Endpoint installers.

Finally, for Endpoint Antivirus updates I have 2 update profiles. One for internal that uses our own ESET server for updates and one external when machines are off the network. Can't seem to find a way to make it default to internal and fallback to external when it cannot reach the internal server. It seems it's one or the other, not both.

For instructions how to create dual update profiles with ERA v6, please refer to hxxp://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN3621.

Thanks that's exactly what I needed. 

Regarding the MSI properties. At some point I'll want to add an external IP address but for now it is just an internal one. I want to add the IP because sometimes I have endpoints experiencing issues resolving the hostname or the FQDN.