creating rescue disc

Guest phil
Go to solution Solved by cutting_edgetech,

I am attempting creation of a rescue disc on a win 7 pro 64 bit computer. I downloaded and installed the win adk and downloaded the win32 version of eset32 msi. when creating the rescue disc I get an error message of "an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format". Can anyone help?

Thanks

• ESET Insiders
  • Solution

So according to the instructions you have to install Window's ADK (Assessment and Deployment Kit).  Then you need to download the latest 32 bit  build of Eset Smart Security or NOD 32 depending on what you have installed. I was not aware that you had to download a 32 bit build of Eset when using a 64 bit OS and then browse to it as shown in step 8 to create a rescue disk. I've never had to use Eset's Rescue disk, but that's a good thing :) I think I will go ahead, and create an Eset rescue disk to put with the other Rescue disk I have.

I think it would be a good ideal to create a section on the forum called Eset Tutorials to make knowledge like this easy to find on the forum. One could also post information on how to submit phishing sites, infected links, to submit malware, etc., etc.. There's so much that could be listed under a section called Eset Tutorials or a similar name.

Edited by cutting_edgetech

• 2 weeks later...