V9 compatibility with Windows 10

• Administrators

We are pleased to announce that both the HIPS and Anti-Stealth modules now fully support the latest Windows 10 build 10240 which should be the final.

HIPS module: 1190B

Anti-Stealth module: 1080

We look forward to hearing from you if everything works fine with these modules.

Awesome! Downloading it now! Do we have to enable "pre-release updates"?

Edited by Duluc

• Administrators

Awesome! Downloading it now! Do we have to enable "pre-release updates"?

No, v9 doesn't distinguish between regular and pre-release updates during the beta phase.

But tryed install beta v9 could not update pga:

product activation failed in windows 10

I run build 10240

Is there an newer version 9.0.111 ??

But tryed install beta v9 could not update pga:

product activation failed in windows 10

I run build 10240

Is there an newer version 9.0.111 ??

Same here ...

• Most Valued Members

Installed v9.0.114 of ESS (When installed it shows 9.0.111 ????) on win 10 pro x64 build 10240.

Exactly the same problem as with previous builds of V9 on windows 10.

Install works fine but totally blocks any internet access whatsoever and therefore cant even activate the beta. Internet access can only be gained by uninstalling ESS, temporarily disabling does not work.

Any logs i can provide you with or anything else to help resolve this problem ???

post-933-0-99376900-1437175889_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Modules with support for Win 10 build 10240 are already available. If you have been running v9 on a previous build and upgrade to the latest build, it should work fine. However, if you perform a new install on Win 10 build 10240, you'll need to use newer v9 installers that will released after July 20.

Thank you Marcos. Guess we'll all have to wait till Monday to run it on new 10240 installs then. Have a nice weekend y'all.

• Administrators

Can i use eset beta on rtm version on win 10 or better to wait?

If you mean build 10240 by rtm, v9 beta installers with the latest modules included are going to be available within the next couple of days.

If I install Windows 10 on 30th July, how many days should I wait before I install ESET Smart Security 8 or 9?

• Administrators

If I install Windows 10 on 30th July, how many days should I wait before I install ESET Smart Security 8 or 9?

You shouldn't need to wait. Both v8 and v9 beta installers should support Windows 10 by July 29.

• ESET Insiders

Can i use eset beta on rtm version on win 10 or better to wait?

If you mean build 10240 by rtm, v9 beta installers with the latest modules included are going to be available within the next couple of days.

how long does a coupla days last ? lol

when we can expect final relase of ess 9?

October 2015

Wow, must be the first time ever I see an ESET rep mention a release date/month (approximate?) in public :D

Edited by SweX

October 2015

Wow, must be the first time ever I see an ESET rep mention a release date/month (approximate?) in public :D

Times they are a-changin'. Look at Microsoft, all open and humble. :)

October 2015

Yeah sure, but I am not saying that its only positive. If ESET needs to move the release date forward....there is always a few people that might react like "but you said it was going to be released now buuuuu"  :rolleyes:  By keeping the release info secret until a few days before they plan to release it they prevent these people from feeling let down and disappointed and post their anger on social media or whatever.

But personally I don't complain, I know how this works, even if they say October right now, I know that no date is set in stone :)

I don't know about open and humble. I think they seem to think that they do everything right all the time, and if they get some negative feedback, they only come up with a bad excuse. It will be very interesting to see how their automatic WU system works out with Win10 if MS plan to keep the current "high" quality on their updates.

• Most Valued Members

October 2015

Yeah sure, but I am not saying that its only positive. If ESET needs to move the release date forward....there is always a few people that might react like "but you said it was going to be released now buuuuu"  :rolleyes:  By keeping the release info secret until a few days before they plan to release it they prevent these people from feeling let down and disappointed and post their anger on social media or whatever.

But personally I don't complain, I know how this works, even if they say October right now, I know that no date is set in stone :)

I don't know about open and humble. I think they seem to think that they do everything right all the time, and if they get some negative feedback, they only come up with a bad excuse. It will be very interesting to see how their automatic WU system works out with Win10 if MS plan to keep the current "high" quality on their updates.

WU works fine on 10 :) already had 2 security updates and 2 updates for windows defender :D